Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool are achieving way above my expectations and have managed to stumble into a place where they have a functional midfield after being turned down by their first choices Caciedo and Lavia. Klopp is being portrayed as some sort of genius for rebuilding their midfield but, if he had got his way, Henderson and Fabinho would have still been wheezing around their midfield. Certainly they have nothing to touch our first choice three (Rodri, Bernado and KdB for me).
If we can keep the likes of Stones, KdB and Haaland fit and tighten up the defence then I expect us to be neck and neck with them for the next couple of months and then for us to pull ahead as their inexperience and desparation start to tell.
Lots of wildcards though - they are building a narrative that they are hard done by by the officials, VAR etc. which will probably get them half a dozen undeserved points by May.
They are the turd that won't flush.
That disallowed Goal at Spurs is their Trump Card and they have and will dine out on it all Season as PGMOL/VAR seek to unofficially “correct” it.

Looking very much like their season. Smashing a side who is in great form 4 : 0 away, without Salad..that's some marker. They have a very committed side this year and look really on it. I agree with you, a run from us will be hard this year as we havent looked likely at any stage. As for beating them at their place. Very tough. For ne as long as we give 100% thats all we can ask for.
Haven't we won 7 straight games in all comps? Not a bad run

That disallowed Goal at Spurs is their Trump Card and they have and will dine out on it all Season as PGMOL/VAR seek to unofficially “correct” it.
They've "corrected" it to a factor of about 4 or 5 already, but hey, these things even themselves out over the course of a season don't they (?), so am expecting the red-scousers to...

1) have a player sent off for two of the softest yellow cards possible
2) have a player sent off for two yellow cards for the same action
3) have a goal ruled out for touching a keeper who then play acts and pretends to have been fouled
4) have an important penalty awarded against them for a player throwing himself to the floor 2 or 3 strides after, even after VAR has analysed the action, there being the POSSIBILITY that he was touched

...etc...etc...etc... (that's off the top of my head but I know there are a few more that I'm not even going to try to remember)

They've "corrected" it to a factor of about 4 or 5 already, but hey, these things even themselves out over the course of a season don't they (?), so am expecting the red-scousers to...

1) have a player sent off for two of the softest yellow cards possible
2) have a player sent off for two yellow cards for the same action
3) have a goal ruled out for touching a keeper who then play acts and pretends to have been fouled
4) have an important penalty awarded against them for a player throwing himself to the floor 2 or 3 strides after, even after VAR has analysed the action, there being the POSSIBILITY that he was touched

...etc...etc...etc... (that's off the top of my head but I know there are a few more that I'm not even going to try to remember)
The powers that be will do their utmost to help them win the League -unless Villa can keep it up. If so the narrative will swing to them as will the dodgy decisions as happened with Leicester (tho everyone seems to forget this)

Liverpool are playing really well unfortunately and they also know how to put a run together aswell so anyone who thinks they will fall away will be disappointed and it we will have to match them gane for gane and tbh this season I don’t think we can put a big run together as our defence is shocking . Also just having. 2 main strikers with one being out for nearly 2 months is not great either . If it’s their year then so be it as we can’t win it every year .
we won it with no strikers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.