Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite unbelievable the defeatist attitude of some of our fans , we have been brilliant for a few years under Pep and some of the negativity is nauseating , never mind glass half full its completely empty with some of our supporters.
Some people’s personal neurosis and insecurity will always trump reason and lived experience.

It serves as a comfort blanket to expect the worst and project it onto others.

Like you say, given what this team had delivered in the last six seasons, it’s fucking tedious.

Some people’s personal neurosis and insecurity will always trump reason and lived experience.

Like you say, given what this team had delivered in the last six seasons, it’s fucking tedious.

After the last few seasons I don’t even worry when we’re 3 nil up any more …..

I’m always positive about our team, we’re not that entitled to think we can win the league and trophies every year are we?

Pep is a genius and if some fans can’t see that they’re “football blind”.

I’ve enjoyed watching City for over 50 years, rain, shine, lower leagues, nadir, then the zenith of the Champions League triumph in Istanbul, the nay sayers can fuck right off.

I’m always positive about our team, we’re not that entitled to think we can win the league and trophies every year are we?

Pep is a genius and if some fans can’t see that they’re “football blind”.

I’ve enjoyed watching City for over 50 years, rain, shine, lower leagues, nadir, then the zenith of the Champions League triumph in Istanbul, the nay sayers can fuck right off.

One day it may well turn sour again. Why not make the most of the good times and have a little faith and confidence in the side. At the end of the day the players feed off an atmosphere of belief and positivity more than an air of nervousness. We'll never fully shake it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who still believed we could beat Villa when we were 2-0 down, but then felt we'd scored too early when we were 3-2 up and was far more nervous at that point!

A little bit of research would have shown that out of his 16 year career, the great Stevie G finished outside the top 4 on 7 occasions.

I’ve never known a player get better & better as each season goes by, he was very good but I always felt he lacked the intellect to be as good as they think he was. Yaya Toure showed him just what a marauding midfielder is capable of in 2014.
Or Frank Lampard. Ask any professional and they'll tell you that Gerrard was the more talented footballer, and yet by every measure you care to think of, Lampard massively outperformed him over his career. Even England were better when Lampard was favoured over Gerrard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.