Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to believe Klopp's motivation isn't to read and hear 4 months of how fucking awesome he is and how will the club survive. It's almost as if he's a narcissist.
Agree - because if all he had won is the League Cup and then announced he's off, he'd be laughed at by every part of the country except Liverpool and pockets of Devon, South Wales and Basingstoke.

Didn't the rags also do that when fergie announced he was retiring before changing his mind in about 2007 ish?
I think it was earlier than that, sometime after their treble when he was having problems with the club. They’d dropped right off it until he reversed his decision. Think they were going for 4 PLs on the trot.

Agree - because if all he had won is the League Cup and then announced he's off, he'd be laughed at by every part of the country except Liverpool and pockets of Devon, South Wales and Basingstoke.
People in Liverpool would laugh at him as most of them support Everton.

I think it was earlier than that, sometime after their treble when he was having problems with the club. They’d dropped right off it until he reversed his decision. Think they were going for 4 PLs on the trot.
Yep. 01/02 season I think. Announced he was leaving at the end of that season early on in that campaign and their results took a nosedive. When he reversed the decision, there was a sudden upturn in form but it wasn’t quite enough to stop Arsenal winning the league.

Interestingly, Ferguson didn’t make the same mistake when he finally did retire - it was towards the end of the season when he announced it and they’d already won the league.

Of course, it’s not a given that Liverpool’s form will suffer following Klopp going public about leaving. Heynckes went on to land a treble at Bayern in his final season after announcing his retirement but it seems more often than not these mid-season announcements have a negative impact on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.