Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. 01/02 season I think. Announced he was leaving at the end of that season early on in that campaign and their results took a nosedive. When he reversed the decision, there was a sudden upturn in form but it wasn’t quite enough to stop Arsenal winning the league.

Interestingly, Ferguson didn’t make the same mistake when he finally did retire - it was towards the end of the season when he announced it and they’d already won the league.

Of course, it’s not a given that Liverpool’s form will suffer following Klopp going public about leaving. Heynckes went on to land a treble at Bayern in his final season after announcing his retirement but it seems more often than not these mid-season announcements have a negative impact on the team.
Ferguson anointed Moyes as the special one but Klopp won't be appointing his successor. Any news the club were sniffing about for a replacement would soon get out and cause problems if they tried to cover his departure up, and leaving it until the end of the season would probably cause even more. I don't think the club had any choice but announce it.

Jeez, the crying from them about the Arteta celebration

Remember this ya bells

Carragher on Sky saying Arteta was out of order, yet listen to him in the video below. Another bell.

They kept getting wins like that and seemed relentless, but they faltered slightly with a couple of draws in the last third of the season and we just kept winning. What a way to win the league.

Jamie ‘carra’ carragher , aka gozzer, is a fuckin child and he shouldnt be anywhere near a camera and a microphone.

Spitting at a 14 year old girl shouldve seen him confined to talksport , and his mard arse bias yesterday over arsenals celebrations yesterday sum the baby up

Its fuck all to do with him how another team celebrate. Mind your own business ya boss eyed , big chinned bell!

I cringe when blues moan about opposition fans over celebrating when they beat us. Just grow up, mind your own bees wax and let footy fans enjoy the moment however they wish

Jamie ‘carra’ carragher , aka gozzer, is a fuckin child and he shouldnt be anywhere near a camera and a microphone.

Spitting at a 14 year old girl shouldve seen him confined to talksport , and his mard arse bias yesterday over arsenals celebrations yesterday sum the baby up

Its fuck all to do with him how another team celebrate. Mind your own business ya boss eyed , big chinned bell!

I cringe when blues moan about opposition fans over celebrating when they beat us. Just grow up, mind your own bees wax and let footy fans enjoy the moment however they wish
Said the same myself the other season. It shows the measure of Sky that they continued to employ such a reprehensible individual.

Remember when Harry Kane scored in the last minute winner against City a couple of years ago? He was absolutely creaming his pants as it allowed his beloved dippers to get a bit closer to us in the league but once again fell short. Was he not involved with the played up to the camera Gerrard ‘this doesn’t slip’ moment? When ever there was a time to get down the tunnel as nothing had been achieved, that was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.