Liverpool Thread | 2024/25

I watched a rerun of their friendly win against Betis. They are now playing a possession/passing game under Slot as opposed to high intensity press and fast counter under Klopp.

In my opinion that takes away much of the threat of Liverpool - for the last seasons, particularly at Anfield, there was always the feeling that you could come under siege at any time and you'd be under the cosh, but now they are basically Brighton. I think that will be to their disadvantage, they are now just basically playing like any other top half PL team.

We play them on Thursday so I'll be able to take a much closer look but that's what I've observed so far. 'Heavy Metal' football has been replaced.
Not much of their threat, pretty much all of their threat i'd say.

The one thing they had going for them was they approached the game differently. everybody is copying Pep or trying to, klopp even actually tried to do the same for a bit at one point, bringing TAA into midfield, using thiago, having no focal striker then he quickly realised he just couldn't do it, didn't have the team for it and certainly couldn't do it better than the master and reverted back to the shit kick and run football that has worked far better than it should for him.

Getting a manager in that would do a similar thing, even if it's a poor imitation of it was their best bet and should have been the route they went down. Their approach under klopp was a danger to the top sides, it preyed on the main weakness of Peps football.

if they're now going to be yet another pep copycat, their threat is drastically diminished. I wouldn't be surprised to see united finish above them this season.

Last edited:
I watched a rerun of their friendly win against Betis. They are now playing a possession/passing game under Slot as opposed to high intensity press and fast counter under Klopp.

In my opinion that takes away much of the threat of Liverpool - for the last seasons, particularly at Anfield, there was always the feeling that you could come under siege at any time and you'd be under the cosh, but now they are basically Brighton. I think that will be to their disadvantage, they are now just basically playing like any other top half PL team.

We play them on Thursday so I'll be able to take a much closer look but that's what I've observed so far. 'Heavy Metal' football has been replaced.
Agree with this.

Their pitch is small, so they could previously play high energy stuff without getting quite as worn out. It also makes it harder to play possession football because the players don't have as much room and there's always an opponent nearby.

I'd suspect their home form won't be quite what it was and they may need good away form to carry them. I reckon they could just miss the top 4.

If I were Mo Salah I'd double up on the bodyguard just to be safe . Scousers are rioting and setting mosques on fire over some fake tweet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.