Liverpool Thread | 2024/25

And if they end the season with sweet FA what will the new man's excuses be? Maybe he'll follow in Bingo's steps and bleat that there weren't enough clouds in the sky, or the witches curse had returned, or maybe the grass wasn't the correct shade of green. Or will he be a breath of fresh air and tell it like it is: "We're fucking awful, and we're ridiculously overhyped by the media in this country."

Slot will do nowt. Ok at his level but this is the Premier league. The dippers will be overrun this season.

I watched a rerun of their friendly win against Betis. They are now playing a possession/passing game under Slot as opposed to high intensity press and fast counter under Klopp.

In my opinion that takes away much of the threat of Liverpool - for the last seasons, particularly at Anfield, there was always the feeling that you could come under siege at any time and you'd be under the cosh, but now they are basically Brighton. I think that will be to their disadvantage, they are now just basically playing like any other top half PL team.

We play them on Thursday so I'll be able to take a much closer look but that's what I've observed so far. 'Heavy Metal' football has been replaced.

I watched a rerun of their friendly win against Betis. They are now playing a possession/passing game under Slot as opposed to high intensity press and fast counter under Klopp.

In my opinion that takes away much of the threat of Liverpool - for the last seasons, particularly at Anfield, there was always the feeling that you could come under siege at any time and you'd be under the cosh, but now they are basically Brighton. I think that will be to their disadvantage, they are now just basically playing like any other top half PL team.

We play them on Thursday so I'll be able to take a much closer look but that's what I've observed so far. 'Heavy Metal' football has been replaced.
And we still won’t win at Klanfield.

A good point. With Klopp they played in very intense 15 minute spells and it was almost impossible to defend against. So many games at Anfield we were comfortable with dominant possession for long spells. Then they would blitz us. Interesting to see how the Slot side develops. They may get more points off the weaker teams though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.