Liverpool ticket details

I believe they're responsible for the 18-25 scheme being brought in, which has generally been seen as a positive thing and has certainly made away games more accessible for my lad.

But your point absolutely still stands. To the club they're absolutely nothing more than just a box ticking exercise for better public relations.

For me, the clubs choice to ignore the istanbul report is the final nail in the coffin for city matters.

We'll find out what the club thinks of City Matters, 1894, other fan groups, and the fans in general when the club reveals what the final seating plans are for NSL2.

I believe they're responsible for the 18-25 scheme being brought in, which has generally been seen as a positive thing and has certainly made away games more accessible for my lad.

But your point absolutely still stands. To the club they're absolutely nothing more than just a box ticking exercise for better public relations.

For me, the clubs choice to ignore the istanbul report is the final nail in the coffin for city matters.
Agree with all that. I would add that if City Matters exercised their minds a bit more then they would put a regular report on their activities in here, or have I missed that? City’s abilities on the field have never been better, engagement with fans never worse.

We’re sort of going off topic here.

I’m not going to criticize the City Matters Reps.

The one’s I know work tirelessly for the fans. I can’t speak for the other City Matters Reps as I don’t know them or what they do in the meetings.

Having been involved in meetings with the club via 1894 a long time ago, I think I’m have a very good understanding of how the club works at these meetings. It might have changed now?

Without piling into the club and criticizing them too much as they do work with the City Matters Reps and 1894, these meetings can feel like nothing more than a talking shop at times where decisions have already been made by the club before the meeting takes place, and the club won’t back down, with reasons against being plenty and in some cases being petty. I’m not saying that is always the case because it isn’t. Sometimes the club will back down, have a rethink, and will go along with the idea, but that can take quite a bit of time to happen.

The management at City is very, very structured with numerous levels attending the meeting, so you aren’t only dealing with one or two people in the meetings, you are dealing with numerous people from directors, to managers, to staff who have a certain role within the club. TBH it’s quite overwhelming to see and to listen to so many City staff with so many different roles within the club involved in the meetings.

Regrdlesss of how many City people you speak to at the meeting, one person at that meeting or a person who isn’t at the meeting will ultimately make the final decision on what has been discussed.

I feel a bit sorry for the City Matters Reps as I know they are fighting the fans corner and trying their hardest to get what the fans want. Ultimately it comes down to the decision makers at boardroom level at City. Once they make the final decision it filters down to the other levels within the club, and then to City Matters Reps, 1894, etc at the meetings.

As I posted earlier, this will be eveident when the club makes the final decision on the North stand level 2 seating plans. Either the club have listened to City Matters, 1894, etc, as they have both made it clear to the club what the fans want for NSL2. Not that the club didn’t know what the fans wanted for NSL2 before the meetings, and ‘before the planning application was submitted and made public’.

What I would say is, I’d like to see more feedback and updates by the City Matters Reps independent of the club, and outside of the minutes posted on the OS by the club every ‘3 months’, which are let’s be honest, to the point, and in some cases very vague.

Last edited:
Currently 586 crystal p tiks left for point holders - that's following the 26k window. No restrictive view on sale yet, so may be some more. This game will sell out at high points!

We’re sort of going off topic here.

I’m not going to criticize the City Matters Reps.

The one’s I know work tirelessly for the fans. I can’t speak for the other City Matters Reps as I don’t know them or what they do in the meetings.

Having been involved in meetings with the club via 1894 a long time ago, I think I’m have a very good understanding of how the club works at these meetings. It might have changed now?

Without piling into the club and criticizing them too much as they do work with the City Matters Reps and 1894, these meetings can feel like nothing more than a talking shop at times where decisions have already been made by the club before the meeting takes place, and the club won’t back down, with reasons against being plenty and in some cases being petty. I’m not saying that is always the case because it isn’t. Sometimes the club will back down, have a rethink, and will go along with the idea, but that can take quite a bit of time to happen.

The management at City is very, very structured with numerous levels attending the meeting, so you aren’t only dealing with one or two people in the meetings, you are dealing with numerous people from directors, to managers, to staff who have a certain role within the club. TBH it’s quite overwhelming to see and to listen to so many City staff with so many different roles within the club involved in the meetings.

Regrdlesss of how many City people you speak to at the meeting, one person at that meeting or a person who isn’t at the meeting will ultimately make the final decision on what has been discussed.

I feel a bit sorry for the City Matters Reps as I know they are fighting the fans corner and trying their hardest to get what the fans want. Ultimately it comes down to the decision makers at boardroom level at City. Once they make the final decision it filters down to the other levels within the club, and then to City Matters Reps, 1894, etc at the meetings.

As I posted earlier, this will be eveident when the club makes the final decision on the North stand level 2 seating plans. Either the club have listened to City Matters, 1894, etc, as they have both made it clear to the club what the fans want for NSL2. Not that the club didn’t know what the fans wanted for NSL2 before the meetings, and ‘before the planning application was submitted and made public’.

What I would say is, I’d like to see more feedback and updates by the City Matters Reps independent of the club, and outside of the minutes posted on the OS by the club every ‘3 months’, which are let’s be honest, to the point, and in some cases very vague.

I’m not sure whose opinion City Matters have canvased. Not mine or anybody I know. And as far as I know 1894 represent a small number of mainly younger fans.

So I’m not sure either are in a position to know what ‘the fans’ want for NSL2?

I’m not sure whose opinion City Matters have canvased. Not mine or anybody I know. And as far as I know 1894 represent a small number of mainly younger fans.

So I’m not sure either are in a position to know what ‘the fans’ want for NSL2?

There’s no pleasing you is there Stephen. :-/

Why don’t you put yourself forward for a City Matters Reps position in the future, voted for by City fans. You’ll then find out in person what it’s like to be involved in the meetings with the club.

As for 1894, they speak for the fans as best they can on certain issues via their media platforms. And when they are invited to meetings with the club. The North stand expansion being the next meeting. Along with City Matters, etc.

Unfortunately we/you can’t just rock up at Soriano’s office door unannounced and ask for a meeting. Saying that, try it! You never know, you might get lucky and get the chance to speak to Soriano in person.

I nearly spoke to Soriano once. I was introduced to him, he looked at me, and he walked straight past me. :-?

Anything else positive to add?

Last edited:
There’s no pleasing you is there Stephen. :-/

Why don’t you put yourself forward for a City Matters Reps position in the future, voted for by City fans. You’ll then find out in person what it’s like to be involved in the meetings with the club.

As for 1894, they speak for the fans as best they can on certain issues via their media platforms. And when they are invited to meetings with the club. The North stand expansion being the next meeting. Along with City Matters, etc.

Unfortunately we/you can’t just rock up at Soriano’s office door unannounced and ask for a meeting. Saying that, try it! You never know, you might get lucky and get the chance to speak to Soriano in person.

I nearly spoke to Soriano once. I was introduced to him, he looked at me, and he walked straight past me. :-?

Anything else positive to add?

I’m not interested in being a rep. Look, I don’t know whether it came across as a criticism of CM or 1894 but that certainly wasn’t my intention. I’m sure they both do a great job.

It was just your comment that they have told the club what ‘the fans’ want and how they’re in a position to know that? How many have been asked? That’s all. Not having a pop at either of them.

Different fans will want different thing for NS2. First the club should see what the current occupants want.

Some people have a very narrow opinion of what other fans want from their own echo chambers. It would be great if NS2 gave us the biggest family stand in the league and something to be proud of.

Different fans will want different thing for NS2. First the club should see what the current occupants want.

Some people have a very narrow opinion of what other fans want from their own echo chambers. It would be great if NS2 gave us the biggest family stand in the league and something to be proud of.
I doubt that’s going to happen. The club will do what they want. They didn’t ask what people in the north stand, Colin bell stand, or in the front 2 rows wanted when they were forced to move

I’m not interested in being a rep. Look, I don’t know whether it came across as a criticism of CM or 1894 but that certainly wasn’t my intention. I’m sure they both do a great job.

It was just your comment that they have told the club what ‘the fans’ want and how they’re in a position to know that? How many have been asked? That’s all. Not having a pop at either of them.

City Matters Reps, 1894, etc can only go off what the fans are posting about on forums like this, on City social media sites, and are talking about in groups and in person.

Regarding the North stand expansion. It’s no secret what the fans wanted. That was communicated to the club via the fan consultation before details of the North stand proposal was released by the club. The club knew exactly want the fans wanted. The PA was submitted and the details of what the club were proposing came out, which were at odds with what the fans wanted. No need to go into it again.

I think there has been one meeting between the club, City Matters, 1894, etc, regarding the North stand expansion? Once again it was communicated ‘specifically’ and face to face to everyone representing the club at the meeting what City fans wanted for the ‘North stand home end’. The club already knew that anyway. Let’s See what transpires at the next meeting about the North stand home end.

I can assure you the City Matters Reps ask the questions that need to be asked with the club. They don’t shy away from that. There have been some heated and to the point exchanges between the City Matters Reps and the club at the meetings. Trust me, it’s not all smiles, handshakes and sandwiches. PB touched on that when he was a City Matters Rep. The City Matters Reps are fighting for the fans, but they can’t force City to change their minds on everything that is discussed. As it is, we, the wider fan base haven’t been able to get ticket prices reduced, for lapsed season tickets to be put on sale again, etc. There’s only so much the club is prepared to move on regardless of what the City Matters Reps, 1894, and the wider City fan base want changing.

I recently asked one of the City Matters Reps to ask the club a question about doing something for the fans. I was told by the City Matters Rep it couldn’t be done because of a specific reason. I accepted that reason. It was a valid reason from the club. That reason came from a person at City who matters. The point being, the City Matters Rep made the effort and asked the question, got the reply from City, and got back to me. I can’t ask for anymore than that from the City Matters Rep.

Maybe people should contact a City Matters Rep if they have a question or query for the club. The City Matters Reps details are on the OS.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.