Liverpool ticket details

The landlord is. He’s a very good friend of our branch secretary. Hence why he let’s a coach load of us into the Arkle. Not on Sunday though, as our branch got less tickets than usual.
He always used to moan, there's only you lot, Leeds and Newcastle that take over the pub on matchday . Always go in there for Everton as well. Ticket situation for this one was shite. There's only Luton, Brentford and Bournemouth I normally can't get.

He always used to moan, there's only you lot, Leeds and Newcastle that take over the pub on matchday . Always go in there for Everton as well. Ticket situation for this one was shite. There's only Luton, Brentford and Bournemouth I normally can't get.

I used to go in the Flat Iron down the road. It kicked off in there the night Liverpool fans attacked the coach. Not been in there since. It’s definitely a lot more Scouse than the Arkle. And it’s not as friendly and as welcoming as it used to be.

I used to go in the Flat Iron down the road. It kicked off in there the night Liverpool fans attacked the coach. Not been in there since. It’s definitely a lot more Scouse than the Arkle. And it’s not as friendly and as welcoming as it used to be.
Only ever been in the Arkles, was in there when coach was attacked, couldn't breathe with the pyro smoke but had hadn't realised how bad it was outside till we walked into the sea of bottles on ground. But was probably easiest night for getting served at bar

The Arkle is about the only away friendly pub in Anfield. Ranelagh Street, Bold Street and Mathew Street in the city centre are better options.

I ate in The Cabbage Hall and drank in The Willow Bank when I lived there for six months but never when matches were on as you couldn’t move for their fans.

If theirs 500 tourist,still 2,000 non tourist, so can 2,000 not make any noise.
There were well over 500 tourists there. It's hard to describe how much it dilutes the atmosphere to have a tourist or day tripper in every other seat.

I'm someone who normally sings my heart out at away games, however I was by myself surrounded by tourists who laughed, exchanged looks, and one even filmed me when I tried to start a chant going.

This is similar to the multiplier effect in economics, when there's loads of tourists you have:

a) Less singers than usual
b) The usual singers not singing like they usually would, due to fear of judgement

The Arkle is about the only away friendly pub in Anfield. Ranelagh Street, Bold Street and Mathew Street in the city centre are better options.

I ate in The Cabbage Hall and drank in The Willow Bank when I lived there for six months but never when matches were on as you couldn’t move for their fans.
When we play Liverpool at Anfield, our coach always drink in The Brick an Everton pub right next to Goodison. Only a 10 minute walk to Anfield.

(I'd always (mistakenly) assumed The Arkle was off limits to away fans).

Like I said, if the club don't want to listen what can any group do? If they slagged the club publicly that may make you feel happier but it won't change anything unless the club are interested in taking any notice, and the evidence suggests they aren't.
So as I said they have done fuck all, apart from the guy who did the fantastic report on Istanbul, which led to fuck all.

So as I said they have done fuck all, apart from the guy who did the fantastic report on Istanbul, which led to fuck all.
I believe they're responsible for the 18-25 scheme being brought in, which has generally been seen as a positive thing and has certainly made away games more accessible for my lad.

But your point absolutely still stands. To the club they're absolutely nothing more than just a box ticking exercise for better public relations.

For me, the clubs choice to ignore the istanbul report is the final nail in the coffin for city matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.