Liverpool v City 13.00 today.

He’s already a level above this standard. I’m not saying that because he scored that goal but his all round play is much better than those around him. His passing is incisive, he make good decisions, he works hard and he has real end product.

He needs a carefully chosen loan in January or we have to find room for him in the first team squad (as in on the bench). We can’t let him stagnate.

Positively I’m really liking what I’m seeing from the EDS coach. He’s finding good solutions with players. Bernarbe played left back today and look very good. He’s not going to make it here in attacking midfield but he might as a left back because there’s very little in front of him at first team level. Maresca also has us playing positively and it looks a big step forward compared to last year.

Half the team are above this level to be honest. I don’t think there’s much that the likes of Harwood-Bellis, Doyle, Nmecha, Palmer and Delap are learning during these games.

The problem is with a fully fit senior squad they just aren’t going to get near to the first team at the moment. It was fine when we just had Foden who we were trying to introduce to the first team, but now we’ve got 5 or 6 of them it will be interesting to see what the club does.

Half the team are above this level to be honest. I don’t think there’s much that the likes of Harwood-Bellis, Doyle, Nmecha, Palmer and Delap are learning during these games.

The problem is with a fully fit senior squad they just aren’t going to get near to the first team at the moment. It was fine when we just had Foden who we were trying to introduce to the first team, but now we’ve got 5 or 6 of them it will be interesting to see what the club does.
Has to be loans,good ones.......or sell,with buyback option.

Otherwise,if we just let them stagnate in the stiffs,we are going to lose these kids.

We have some excellent prospects for sure. To me though Palmer just looks a cut above with his touch, movement and decision making.

I actually think there’s merit in Delap staying at the EDS level based on recent performances. He doesn’t look after the ball well enough at present and to step up he really needs to improve in that regard. With only Jesus and Aguero naturally above him he should be on the first team bench more because he can certainly finish and be a handful.

Nemecha should’ve had a loan this year. He’s a very frustrating player to watch. His languid style often translates to sloppyness on the ball. I’m not convinced he’ll make it here but if given the chance in senior football he might just surprise me.

Harwood-Bellis does have a route to the first team. He should be elevated above Garcia. I’m hopeful Garcia goes in January and then we can look at how things have played out come the end of the season as he’ll be 5th choice. I do though think THB’s biggest problem might be Mbete. He’s looking very good indeed.

Doyle is a hard one. He doesn’t really stand out like Palmer does at EDS level. He’s clearly a good player but having seen glimpses of him from the younger age groups I get the impression he’s not quite kicked on as they hoped and by that I mean been absolutely top drawer... However, with his storied family links, this make you want him to succeed and he might have another development spurt. I think the only way with Doyle is we’ll have to try him to know.

This is certainly a promising bunch for sure and it’s intriguing watching them play almost every week on City+.

He’s already a level above this standard. I’m not saying that because he scored that goal but his all round play is much better than those around him. His passing is incisive, he make good decisions, he works hard and he has real end product.

He needs a carefully chosen loan in January or we have to find room for him in the first team squad (as in on the bench). We can’t let him stagnate.

Positively I’m really liking what I’m seeing from the EDS coach. He’s finding good solutions with players. Bernarbe played left back today and look very good. He’s not going to make it here in attacking midfield but he might as a left back because there’s very little in front of him at first team level. Maresca also has us playing positively and it looks a big step forward compared to last year.

We don't loan players who are going to make it here.

I agree.
Adardbioyla and the like were soon shopped out on loan.
Though some other clubs have benefitted from loaning out future stars, Kane ,and Mount for example on the live match at the moment, so it is possible.

For sure that’s been our current direction of travel. If we can keep them in our system it would be best so long as the players maintain their level of improvement.

However we’ve not had this many come through at once that appear to have a genuine chance of at least becoming viable squad players, so development risks stalling if we can’t challenge them enough through the EDS and integrate them into first team squad. Chelsea have shown the value in getting the right loan for their best young players, 3 of which are starting today off the back of good loans.

Time will tell how we move forward with it.

Imo based on what I've seen lately:

Need to be loaned ASAP or sold
Felix Nmecha
Adrian Bernabe
Claudio Gomes
Alpha Dionkou
Nathaniel Ogbeta
Keyendrah Simmons
WP's kid

These guys are the oldest of the EDS players, and should have been loaned this year but weren't. January or next year they need to be moved on in some manner. Probably loaned as City doesn't usually sell at this stage in development.

Should do another year (or half) of EDS (after this season) before deciding on promoting or loan/sell
3 young CBs (Luke, Burns, CJ) too young to promote or loan atm
Joe Hodge
James McAtee
Liam Delap

These 6 are very promising right now, and I think this is there first season of EDS football. They should do another year imo and see where their at, higher chance of promotion than next 2.

Joe Hodge has an engine on him that can be very useful for us.

James McAtee never stands out that much, but somehow gets loads of goals and assists (our best in this regard in the whole EDS right now), reminds me of Muller.

Liam could probably be in the next list, but he has some parts to his game he needs to improve, and its not like he won't get the odd chance still.

Morgan Rogers
Ben Knight

Both very highly rated from their previous academy, but I don't see any chance here. Give them a final year (or half) then most likely a loan unless they tear it up.

Should be promoted to first team after this season
THB to replace Garcia
Tommy Doyle to mold into future box-to-box midfield position (for Dinho and Gundogan)

Cole Palmer
Jayden Braaf

These 2 make a joke of EDS football quite often. They are only 18 as well. Of all the attacking talent in the squad, I would promote these 2 at the end of the season.

As Pep said, there is a ton of talent, but you don't loan the best ones you bring them in, and right now these 4 (all in different positions) should be brought in slowly.

The 2nd list (with 6 players), might also be brought in, but would have to happen the year after if it does since we can't promote too many.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.