Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

But we were 3 SHITE goals down bfore anyone noticed, that side of the pitch.

It wasnt a problem.

We were looking comrfotable at Anfield for the first time in ages during the opening minutes. They feed off mistakes and we seem to be the experts at gifting Liverpool. They must piss themselves when they see our defenders make fuck up after fuck up. If walker clears the ball for the first goal, I don’t think it would have ended 3-0. Once that first goal went in, I knew we was in trouble.

One poor night,we can still pull it off but a big ask,FFS disappointing but the world hasn't ended even the best can play badly at times.
City have come a long long way and we have a great set up,manager and team,there's still a lot of good stuff to come.

We were playing very similar to vs Everton, passing it out, moving it to Sane & Silva & looking for a goal.

Then we handed Liverpool a goal on a playe due to schoolboy defending 7 offside & the players, particularly the defenders' arses went, thus we couldn't pass wind for the rest of the half.

At the start, we were spot on.
We did a Monaco then. And a repeat of the Anfield league game.

LFC knew they could do us, and when one went in, we had a doubt in my minds that grew. You'd think with the experience our players have, we could handle going a goal down at Anfield. perhaps it's bad luck, but why couldn't we manage a goal back? Easy for LFC to play counter-attacking play after that. So vital to get the first goal against them.

I think pep got the tactics wrong but also our players couldnt handle the press.on numerous occasions silva,kdb, kyle walker and vinny all got caught in possesion.we cant play these games with zero tempo as shown tonight lessons need to be learned both from the players and pep himself.Also our attack when kun doesnt play is pretty non existent.jesus is a good young player but i do feel he has been over hyped.if we rest players v the rags i fear we could be set for another defeat but feel peps hands may now be tied.i think we will win the title at spurs if thats the case.ctid

Instead of playing to our strengths Pep went defensive and gave the red scum the game. We've played 433 all season with devastating results, so why go 4141 leading to a flat midfield and an isolated striker, let's hope he learns from this.
On another note, LFC and their fans are a disgrace, there is intimidation and then there is down right thuggery. They cannot be allowed to get away with the attack on the coach. Let's hope uefa have the balls to come down hard on them, personally I'd throw them out of the competition. Wankers.

Probably a bit controversial but time to be brutally honest regarding a few of our players.

Starting with Ederson, who is an outstanding asset 9 games out of 10 which was epitomized in the build up to our second goal at Goodison on Saturday. But as a shot stopper? An improvement on Bravo but nowhere near the top level. Hate to say it but De Gea would have saved Mane's header tonight, and perhaps even more telling is that it probably wouldn't have made it into the top 10 of some of his saves this season. Truth is the header was decent but a top class keeper gives it a real go and turns it round the post, while Ederson is excellent in possession he needs to improve the basics of a goalkeepers job.

Jesus whilst only turned 21 and getting very little service needs to do more to improve. I don't see him reaching the standards I hoped he would. He does ok, but doesn't look anything near special?

Gundogan nowhere near good enough in that position, debatable if he's good enough at all to be honest.

Guardiola got the tactics and team selection wrong. Down 3-0 without a shot on target yet we only made one sub all game? Come on man, at least try something. Swap sane and sterling positions for a bit, give Bernardo the last 15, maybe Zinchenko or Delph to help attack down the left since we were offering nothing? He had a few options but done absolutely nothing to change the pattern of the game.

I had a feeling Liverpool would score at least 2 tonight but realistically thought we would match them or come close to it, I'm bitterly dissapointed about just how shite we were. I can put up with shite defending when we make up for it in attack but that was pitful tonight we offered absolutely zilch.

Using Gundo like that does seem to have been error although two of their goals were not built on that flank and Gundo had the best pass completion.

I understand that but when that side is being overloaded it perhaps ends up with players moving over to try and help and leaving more space on the other flank. I am convinced that our poor passing and dwelling on the ball too long was also down to not having the usual option going forward. I could have understood Bernardo there but not Gundogan.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming Gundogan and quite rate him as a player but not in that position. Not his fault obviously but when a team has been playing so well using one system all season, it seemed very risky changing that and weakening our strength (going forward), while not really helping the defensive side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.