Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

So when I said this isn’t the tie we want it deserved abuse? When I said we won 5-0 against ten men do it shaded it a little it deserved abuse? When I said we wouldn’t win at Anfield it deserved abuse? No I was realistic and proved to be right again. I hope the wankers gagging for this tie are at home beating their cats singing city till I die like the deluded fuckers they are
You get abuse because you ask for it Thomas. You love it.

Awful reply. I didn’t ask for abuse saying Liverpool would beat us. On the same token where’s the apologies?

I agree but I still think the decision to play Gundogan on the right contributed hugely to the performance. It meant their left back had nobody to worry about and could attack with Mane down that side, doubling up on Walker. It also meant that when we won the ball we had less options in forward positions which allowed them to shift players over to Sane's side. Yes, we made plenty of silly mistakes but the way we set up really worked against us in defence and attack.

But we were 3 SHITE goals down bfore anyone noticed, that side of the pitch.

It wasnt a problem.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Salah was marginally offside for his goal and it was given , Sane was marginally offside for Jesus's goal and was disallowed , i know we were abject tonight , but small margins like this are vital in big games , if we had come away with a 1-3 defeat , we are more than capable of beating the Dippers by two goals , now we need four goals. This doesnt excuse how poor we were tonight , but if both teams had got the correct offside decisions , there is only a two goal margin . Hopefully the referee will send off another Dipper early doors next week and we rip them to pieces again

You've missed out the penalty on Sterling at 79:20 ...Robertson takes out Sterling .. it was the foul that was blatant.. Chris Foye and all of Ferdinand, Linekar, Lampard and even Gerrard in agreement 100% penalty. Missed in the game because they didn't show replay.

Totally pissed off about that one for obvious reasons.

We were passing it out no problem, then we handed them a goal & the defence bottled it in every aspect for the rest of the half.
We weren't playing our normal game from the start. Players who have been drilled in what is expected, now told to change (hugely succesful) tactics to another type.
Disappointing really. I would rather we had gone down playing our own game, the one we are good at.
I didn't recognise this side tonight.

You've missed out the penalty on Sterling at 79:20 ...Robertson takes out Sterling .. it was the foul that was blatant.. Chris Foye and all of Ferdinand, Linekar, Lampard and even Gerrard in agreement 100% penalty. Missed in the game because they didn't show replay.

Totally pissed off about that one for obvious reasons.

100% fine margins tonight. Their first goal, ours disallowed and the pen but to a man we was fucking horrible to watch

This side has had no end of deserved plaudits and I expect will go on to have many more. So lets be brutally honest and come away from all the gushing praise and say it as it was tonight.

Abysmal, flat, lacking in any fight or passion, no bottle what so ever.....hope lessons will be learned they need to be because there is a very long way to go for this side to be great and I saw no evidence that they have the extra something they need to be such. Credit to Liverpool they got what they deserved and will without doubt go to the semi final where I expect they will come unstuck.

No rag/scouse excuses...the first goal was offside whinge whinge whinge the nasty scouses bricked the coach and should be thrown out......do fuck off a great team would have come away tonight still very much in it despite those things.

Fuck the derby after that...even if we win it will be and should be hollow means fuck all the title is won whether this week or next, but when it came down to it come the biggest game we came up woefully short and now we will see if any of our players have got the bollocks to pull us back into it next Tuesday. Infact most who fucked that up tonight would be told they aint playing against the rags, they can wait until next Tuesday to see if they can make a fist of turning that bloody awful shambles tonight around.

Agree with pretty much everything but I'd start our best 11 v the rags and give the players an opportunity to make amends. After that Tuesday may be our only meaningful game left.

Why don’t you take it up with your abusers Thomas? Or did every member of the forum attack poor little you?

No just about 4 people on the draw thread at the time. I’m not a virgin like most on here who trawl back forever. My point stands I was right and got abuse for being very right. I was christened Tom you nonce

Fucking shit, to a man. Starting with Pep, who inexplicably decided to ditch the system that's been nothing but successful and completely muddle it by sticking the myth of Gundogan in there instead of anyone down the right and also sticking poor Laporte in at leftback (who at least gave it a decent go). Why mess with something that's been brilliant? Unsurprisingly we looked confused and then panicked when they scored early.

Throw in that all the decisions went their way and the result is a complete shit show.
yep agree 100%

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.