Liverpool v City - post match thread

After sleeping on it still fuckin fuming about that performance

Can't recall ever seeing a team put out a more obvious 'couldn't give a shit' performance

Anyone would think we had nothing to play for. They should be ashamed of themselves but I'm pretty sure they'll be in training laughing and joking together

As for the tiredness excuse, fucking cringeworthy. Pellegrini made himself a laughing stock coming out with that

The only really surprising thing is the fact Liverpool didn't play like that on Sunday, they must be kicking themselves.
We didn't let them play like that.

We were shot, but that's the manager's fault. Klopp changed his team, we didn't and we are the team with the Kiev game in our legs.

This team does not deserve to be in the top 4 after the performances this season, let alone compete for the title.

After sleeping on it still fuckin fuming about that performance

Can't recall ever seeing a team put out a more obvious 'couldn't give a shit' performance

Anyone would think we had nothing to play for. They should be ashamed of themselves but I'm pretty sure they'll be in training laughing and joking together

As for the tiredness excuse, fucking cringeworthy. Pellegrini made himself a laughing stock coming out with that
I thought it was obvious after 10 minutes we were running on empty but that's the manager's fault. He should have known we had little left and set the team up accordingly. i.e.defensively, hit them on the counter and use players like Iheanacho and Kolarov who hadn't played at Wembley

As a city fan you can guarantee 3 things every season.

1. Komps will get injured.
2. Kun will get injured.
3. We lose at Klanfield.

Last night was very painful to watch.
I saw the team sheet and thought we could get a draw, im never optimistic when going to Liverpool, but if we work hard then we could scrape a draw. I would have been quite happy with a point to be honest.
But as soon the first goal when in, we never really looked liked getting a result.

Its when we havent got the ball thats the worrying thing. Its something thats been commented on by many people over the last few seasons. We dont work hard enough to get the ball back. We are capable of it though. We worked hard in the cup final. We won the ball back. We pressed, we harried. We looked hungry. Last night we did not.
Is that the managers fault? Or the players fault? or both? Why are we so inconsistent?? its infuriating!

When i saw our bench i thought what a waste it was having Demichelis on it. Why have two CB's on the bench? One who is probably well short in match fitness, and the other who quite frankly has been bloody awful all season. We must have some young hungry youngster worth putting on the bench surely??? Not many teams have 2 CB's and 2 FB's on their bench surely!?? (im happy to be proved wrong mind as i dont study everyone elses bench) :-)

And then the substitutions. Well i think ive seen it all now. Only one man to blame for them.

Lets just hope finish the season with a bit of fight and passion and hard work. Thats all i ask for really. I know we cant win every game but at least give it your best shot.

Thats all us fans ask for isnt it??

"From the beginning, I saw the team were not recovered from the last week. It was intense with travel to Ukraine and the final"

Should have anticipated that. We have only a few injuries now and could have freshened the team up and that would have had a knock on effect into the Villa game. Messed it up again Pellegrini

You look at the team & think 'hmm, can the midfield two maintain enough workrate & concentration, after such a taxing period along with the wide players tucking in, to keep it tight enough or will Liverpool find spaces in that system with their midfield heavy tactics?'

If you could trust the manager's judgement & ability you just think 'yeah he will have thought of that, & noted the squad's fitness, know they are up to the task & have them organised' 'No need for any off the wall team selections, to stiffen up the team in midfield, he knows what he's doing'.

When you then see everything that can go wrong, does, & great big holes suddenly appear, AGAIN, just like on so many other occasions when we play two out & out wide players & two in midfield, then you see the substitutions, same thing but weaker still in midfield, you may conclude that he is being paid a lot of money for fuck all.

Last edited:

2. Kun will get injured.
3. We lose at Klanfield.

I saw the team sheet and thought we could get a draw, im never optimistic when going to Liverpool, but if we work hard then we could scrape a draw. I would have been quite happy with a point to be honest.
But as soon the first goal when in, we never really looked liked getting a result.

Its when we havent got the ball thats the worrying thing. Its something thats been commented on by many people over the last few seasons. We dont work hard enough to get the ball back. We are capable of it though. We worked hard in the cup final. We won the ball back. We pressed, we harried. We looked hungry. Last night we did not.
Is that the managers fault? Or the players fault? or both? Why are we so inconsistent?? its infuriating!

When i saw our bench i thought what a waste it was having Demichelis on it. Why have two CB's on the bench? One who is probably well short in match fitness, and the other who quite frankly has been bloody awful all season. We must have some young hungry youngster worth putting on the bench surely??? Not many teams have 2 CB's and 2 FB's on their bench surely!?? (im happy to be proved wrong mind as i dont study everyone elses bench) :-)

And then the substitutions. Well i think ive seen it all now. Only one man to blame for them.

Lets just hope finish the season with a bit of fight and passion and hard work. Thats all i ask for really. I know we cant win every game but at least give it your best shot.

We have been consistently poor in the premier league for 22 games now as the record of 9-5-8 with 0-3-8 against sides currently in the top 8 and some thrashings not seen for over 8 years on a regular basis.

Like you said some passion , belief and doing the basics would be a start but this team is long gone and so is the manager.

2. Kun will get injured.
3. We lose at Klanfield.

Fernandinho has been Superman in two games, & Fernando is on his 4th high energy game in a row, is the difference between last night & Wembley. Fern 1 played wide turned it into a midfield 3 when we lost the ball. The first 2 goals would be easily shut down.

To repeat it would be difficult due to the incredible workrate involved & also require Pellegrini to come up with a plan, to replace Yaya.

Totally bewildered by what I saw last night, we've had some horribly shit performances this season but even by those standards what was going on looked bizarrely incoherent. I thought with Kompany back we were getting some momentum but clearly not just a grim battle for top four now which I am not overly confident about. Thank god we managed to win on Sunday, not sure how we did tbh because Liverpool well and truly seem to have our number or Klopp seems to have Pellegrini's, which ever way you want to look at it. Shocking stuff considering the quality we have at our disposal and the way we can play when we get it right.

Hilarious that people hammer Pep for taking the "easy" challenge hahahah have people watched us? We are completely average and frightened to death when pressed. Wouldn't miss many of this squad if they all left tbh. A lot of work to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.