Liverpool v City - post match thread

Was happy to give last night a miss, hate everything about Anfield and Liverpool fans and, after Chelsea, Kiev and Wembley the wallets taken a bit of a battering. The disappointing thing about last night is that, without seeing any of the game, once you see the result you could reasonably accurately write the match report. The majority of our defeats have all followed a similar script - over run in midfield, individual errors, lack of passion, fight and effort. I don't honestly know what the root of the problem is, probably a combination of things, but it's clear that all is not right in the camp. By the look of it, Pep's biggest challenge may be addressing the attitude of the players because Manuel doesn't appear to be able to instil any fight in them.

I thought it was obvious after 10 minutes we were running on empty but that's the manager's fault. He should have known we had little left and set the team up accordingly. i.e.defensively, hit them on the counter and use players like Iheanacho and Kolarov who hadn't played at Wembley

It's Pellegrini and his Fcuking Pecking Order with players and it's always the soft option with him.

Got really fucked off seeing Silva lose the ball and display zero fight to get it back even though the player who robbed him of the ball was only a yard or two away. That's not tiredness, that's can't be arsedness.

It'll happen again tho and that's the problem
Yes it will I'm afraid but lets try and be positive. Last nights abject performance makes the victory last Sunday take on miracle proportions.
To actually win a trophy this season when our form in general has been so poor is amazing. The performance in the final probably marks the end of an era for a lot of the team. I predict 10-12 departures over the next 3 windows with an influx of younger hungrier players. Last night we looked tired from the start and disinterested after the second goal went in. In addition all the old shortcomings regarding the manager were there to see in high definition. A decent bloke but even if the Pep deal had not been in place I think he would have been on his bike come May anyway. Finally, the biggest task the new manager faces is finding a suitable replacement for Yaya Toure. I know he has frustrated many of us on occasions over the last five years both on and off the field. However, some of the nonsense that has been mouthed on here about his ability over the years is quite frankly SICKENING!!!! You fools please listen to the facts. 1) We would not have won the FA Cup without this man. 2) If he had not gone off injured against QPR we would not have shit ourselves in the second half. 3) We would not have won the game on Sunday without him and if he had been fully fit and rested we probably would have got at least draw last night!!!

Got really fucked off seeing Silva lose the ball and display zero fight to get it back even though the player who robbed him of the ball was only a yard or two away. That's not tiredness, that's can't be arsedness.

Correct and he and all the players know they won't get a bollocking over it.

It's at times like these I still wish we had players like Tevez and Dickov - guys who never stopped running for the cause.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.