Liverpool v City - post match thread

Our biggest weakness within the team is a work ethic.Look at how many defeats we`ve had and you can pinpoint them to the same thing. MP does himself no favours with some ridiculous substitutions but for me there appears to be a lack of motivation and that is down to himself as he has to instil that.
People blame the defence and OK individual mistakes have cost us games but for me half the time its the midfield who don`t do their job,which in itself causes pressure on the defence.
Why do we continue to do well in the CL and yet our bread and butter PL games have turned into turgid shite performances ?
Pep my son, you have more work to do than you could ever imagine.

The worrying thing about last night was just how predictable it all was. I had zero confidence we'd get anything other than beaten leading into the game. Beating them to the cup on Sunday, poor record at Anfield, the fact that Liverpool only seem to actually turn up when they play City, it all pointed towards a defeat, and a defeat in which we played poorly.

Last night was just the latest in a long line of awful performances this season, Spurs away, Liverpool at home, Leicester at home, West Ham at home, Stoke away, Arsenal away, Villa away, we've dropped points on a regular basis, and in an appalling manner. Still no back to back league wins since Bournemouth in mid October.

Our record against those sides around us is fucking embarrassing. In 10 games against Liverpool, United, West Ham, Arsenal, Leicester and Spurs we've picked up 3 points, 3 FUCKING POINTS!! We've conceded 22 goals into the bargain over those 10 games, we only conceded 29 goals in the entire season when we won the league under Mancini!

We're in real danger of slipping out of the top 4, which is completely unacceptable given the players we've got. We simply can't afford to be playing Europa League football next season. People have been slagging off Van Gaal, and United, all season, saying how shit they've been. Well, they're behind us on goal difference now (albeit with City having a game in hand) so what does that say about Pellegrini and City? We've no hope in hell of winning the Champion's League so a top 4 finish is a must.

I predict what result I believe City will get in each league game before the season starts, to project what points we'll finish on, and then to measure progress against that. Currently we are 11 points worse off than where I felt we would be. In our remaining games I predicted we'd win 8 and draw 3, dropping points away to Chelsea and Southampton, and at home to Arsenal. When you look at some of the teams we play between now and the end of the season you can see why, back in August, I was fairly confident. Villa, Norwich, Bournemouth, West Brom, Swansea, Newcastle, they all look winnable. If we achieve that points return, 27 points, we'd finish on 74 and be pretty certain of a top 4 finish, and not too far off top spot. However given what we've seen this season you'd be mad to expect that level of return. If I were to predict the results now I'd probably go for 5 wins, 2 draws and 4 defeats, 17 points, finishing on 64 and being in a real scrap to finish in the top 4. The season, regardless of the Capital One Cup, has been an appalling mess.
I disagree about the champs league as the slower pace suits the way we play. This season has been awfull not enjoyed it apart from the cup and a couple of champs league games.

I disagree about the champs league as the slower pace suits the way we play. This season has been awfull not enjoyed it apart from the cup and a couple of champs league games.

Anyone thinking we've a hope of winning the Champion's League needs sectioning. Real Madrid, PSG, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, any one of those sides would destroy us. Juventus are the only side we've played of any real note in Europe this season, and they beat us home and away.

It depends how you look at it and it's a debate that's gone on all season.

For me, a league that can be won at around 75 points is weak. Teams that can lose 10 games and still qualify for the champions league, suggests that the standard is poor.

And the teams your talking about have hardly spent. They've spent well, yes, and that's the difference. We've blown 230 million in 2 seasons.

What have Spurs/Leicester/West Ham spent in that time?
The difference is they have bought well with the money they have. I think there is also the fact that most clubs now don't need to sell their best players to survive and can keep hold of them based on financial reasons. I agree with you about how suprising it is that the league may be won on 75 points, but overall i don't think the league is poor, i just think finally the top teams aren't having it all their own way.

Anyone thinking we've a hope of winning the Champion's League needs sectioning. Real Madrid, PSG, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, any one of those sides would destroy us. Juventus are the only side we've played of any real note in Europe this season, and they beat us home and away.
Sanction me then a bit of luck in the draw and who knows. Chelsea and Liverpool weren't great teams just got the luck.

i'd just be happy if we kept possession from one of our throw-ins

Don't get me started ! Not scoring from corners is one thing, but conceding possession at a throw in is just ridiculous ....and yet we see it happen all the time, it's become a feature of our play!!!!! Honestly I could cry thinking about it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.