Liverpool v City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is absolutely huge just like the arsenal game last week. Couple of key injuries for us that could hinder us but the home advantage could give us the edge.

Mancity1980 said:
It is all about the opening goal. Also I don't care how dismissive some blues are but Suarez is going to very difficult to contain. I think he will score and we will still get the victory but not by a big margin. I also expect a high tempo start to what is going to be a hell of a game.

No one has dismissed him, in fact quite the opposite

Ducado said:
Mancity1980 said:
It is all about the opening goal. Also I don't care how dismissive some blues are but Suarez is going to very difficult to contain. I think he will score and we will still get the victory but not by a big margin. I also expect a high tempo start to what is going to be a hell of a game.

Agreed. He's their main threat, closely followed (amazingly!) by Henderson.

Re: Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Mr Rodgers will come for a point on Thursday. Massed ranks behind the ball with Suarez ploughing a lonely furrow up front and falling down at every opportunity. He can't afford a mauling and looking all forlorn after the game by playing the high line.

BcNI5VzIMAAhpb9.jpg:large

Stole this from another forum!

jimharri said:
Ducado said:
Mancity1980 said:

Agreed. He's their main threat, closely followed (amazingly!) by Henderson.

Sorry, I meant dismissive of Liverpool's chances at the Etihad, rather than Suarez per se

suarez is making me sick. he has been for a while. and I mean that with utmost respect. nobody should be scoring this easy. I couldn't wait for zab to teach everybody a lesson in man marking and defending same as he did with ribery but ............well he is ............. fernandi would be the only i would trust with managing suarez

I am way to nervous and I shouldn't be. but anticipation is killing me. I won't be able to enjoy the holidays until this is over.

we win this and we will move to 2nd place. we lose and we are 5th behind Everton.

I sincerely hope we don't go all sycophantic like last season,

City: Hate Man Utd, we only hate Man Utd..... (Expectant pause)

Liverpool: We only hate Mancs ......

Cringe factor 10.

baldybouncer said:
Mr Rodgers will come for a point on Thursday. Massed ranks behind the ball with Suarez ploughing a lonely furrow up front and falling down at every opportunity. He can't afford a mauling and looking all forlorn after the game by playing the high line.

If you followed Liverpool under Rodgers, you'd know it's not in his nature to go for a point. Why would he aim for a draw here when he stands to gain so much from going for the win? If we get beaten then fair enough, we'll have lost to a great City side as many teams already have this season. But win? Win and the things start to look a bit different for us.

I don't know what will happen on Thursday but I do know we won't see Liverpool turning up and parking the bus. Leave that to Jose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.