Liverpool v City

Spanish waiter on Torres:
"I don't know if he will be ready for Manchester City (on 21 November)," Benitez told the Liverpool website. "The only thing I can say is we're talking about two or three weeks working with the physios.
We can only hope he's not.

No Benayoun by the sounds of things.

In the form he's in thats good news for us.

No Riera either, which shouldn't really make much of a difference.

black mamba said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:
No but we do seem to play better against the so called bigger teams!

We were unlucky not to beat them last season!

That's exactly what worries me ...... we DID get a draw there last season ...... but historically how often have we managed two good results in successive seasons at Anfield?

Because i've been going since 1969 , and i can't remember it !

We COULD pull something off , but we're gonna need most , if not all , of our players to be on form ...... and not like they've been in recent games.
We got a draw there in three successive seasons if I remember right - 1990/91, 91/92 and 92/93. The first two were classic 2-2 draws, I remember Niall Quinn equalising with the last touch of the game, Reid had just been appointed player manager, and Liverpool were reigning champions at the time

I can remember winning at Anfield only twice: a few years ago when Al=nelka scored with a penalty (our only penalty of the season as I remember it) and in the early 80s when we beat them 3-1 (Kevin Reeves scored with a very deft near post flick)

I'd take a point if it was on offer - for the dippers, drawing their home games and losing away is a recipe for Europa league football at best...

I honestly think it will do us a world of good going in to a game as unnderdogs for a change..

Liverpool HAVE to beat us next week and therefore we WILL get opportunities to counter. We just have to ensure we take them.

Tevez and Bellamy will get dogs abuse and, as ever, both will be well fired up for it.

So long as de jong and barry play in the middle, i think we should cope in midfield and to be honest if el nino doesnt make the game the likes of voronin, ngog and kuyt shouldnt be too much bother.

id go with

GIVEN
ZABALETA TOURE LESCOTT BRIDGE
DE JONG BARRY
TEVEZ IRELAND BELLAMY
ADEBAYOR

Sweep had a great game against burnley but i think this one has ireland written all over it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.