Liverpool Vs City (CC) Post Match Discussion Thread

Team selection told the full story tonight, if we seriously wanted to win the trophy we would have played Milner, Aguero and Clichy from the start.

Hats off to 'Pool, better side over the 2 legs but just can't see why Bobby Manc didn't pick his strongest possible side with only one game left to a Wembley Final and not playing until next Tuesday.

Bring on the league!!

Fair play to liverpool.

Unfortunately, we had too many players who played poorly and our link between our defence and midfield was poor. We didn't create too many chances and like always, we concede goals that shouldn't have been (excluding the first). Mancini would no doubt be furious with that display despite the team rallying back on two occasions.

After scoring both nigel's and dzeko's goals, it seemed like the momentum swung in our favour. Liverpool's players like the spurs players of last game seemed deflated. We didn't take the opportunity and likewise played a flat tune and allowed them back in.

Train said:
Fair play to liverpool.

Unfortunately, we had too many players who played poorly and our link between our defence and midfield was poor. We didn't create too many chances and like always, we concede goals that shouldn't have been (excluding the first). Mancini would no doubt be furious with that display despite the team rallying back on two occasions.

After scoring both nigel's and dzeko's goals, it seemed like the momentum swung in our favour. Liverpool's players like the spurs players of last game seemed deflated. We didn't take the opportunity and likewise played a flat tune and allowed them back in.

Agreed mate, when Dzeko scored they were there for the taking and we should have gone for it. Team selection said it all to me though and when Dzeko scored Platt and Kidd were jumping around but Bobby showed no emotions. Seriously don't think he was bothered either way to be honest. The league is the priority of course. If he cared so much, would have fielded his strongest 11.

Keep the faith the title is ours!!

I'm really annoyed and disappointed that Mancini chose not to take this match as serious as he could have,evident by his team selection.We could and should have been on our way to Wembley again.

In what universe are Kolarov and Zabaleta wingbacks? and why the omittance of arguably two of our best recent performers in Aguero and Milner?

This rotation/team changing is getting on my tits,it may have been explainable had we been lining up against the Dippers in the FA cup on Sat but we aren't playing for another 6 days,i just can't fathom it...?

An opportunity blown.

FantasyIreland said:
I'm really annoyed and disappointed that Mancini chose not to take this match as serious as he could have,evident by his team selection.We could and should have been on our way to Wembley again.

In what universe are Kolarov and Zabaleta wingbacks? and why the omittance of arguably two of our best recent performers in Aguero and Milner?

This rotation/team changing is getting on my tits,it may have been explainable had we been lining up against the Dippers in the FA cup on Sat but we aren't playing for another 6 days,i just can't fathom it...?

An opportunity blown.

Agreed!

welcometomanchester said:
We-will-win-the-league said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Are you serious??? As long as Gerrard is on the pitch for them it doesn't matter who plays or not the 1 man team that they are...

Marvin is right they won on 2 penalties say what you like about Harts performances but how many times has Reina pulled them out the shit??? It's what Class keepers do the fact they needed 1 penalty then 11 men behind the ball in the first leg along with another bullshit penalty in the second leg proves how shit they are...

They'll win the Carling Cup..... Keep King Kenny and go on to sign more shit players in the summer and realise that he can't get them into the Champions League at the end of next season, it's a win, win situation...

You missed the point. They dominated the games and deserved their win. Hart was extroadinary but he alone couldnt prevent the inevitable. Adam, Henderson and Gerrard bossed the midfield tonight. So £23m for Adam and Henderson seems good business, considering Henderson is only 20. I liked Enrique, thought he has been good all year and probably the best left back in the league - if only we tried signing him. Downing was impressive ... What did Nasri do more than he? .. We only think they have signed poor because of the flop Andy Carroll.
They have beaten Chelsea twice, Drew to Mancs, drew to us twice, lost to us and defeated us ... They beat Arsenal and lost to Spurs with 9 men.
So how can shit players get those results???
What did Nasri do
have you watches Henderson and downing all year? If there so good why aren't they higher in the league?

Because of a combination of poor finishing and bad luck .. They have hit 18 or 19 posts this season..besides this their performances are good enough to be in 4th. Against Norwich they struck the post 4 times in the game, they conceded an own goal against Blackburn, De Gea had a magical 15 minutes to deny Liverpool a win .. It is just a combination of things really.

northstandgiveusasong said:
FantasyIreland said:

An opportunity blown.

Agreed!

+1.
Mancini dropped a bollock here. Play your best team always no matter what especially for a semi final. It shows a lack of respect to the fans.

I didn't understand (or like much) the team.

No need to rest anyone tonight we don't have a game for 10 days. Zab is a wing back about as much as I do moon walks, he's a good defender, and that should be that, as a full back he can get forward occasionally, but wing back ? no, just no, looked like a fish without a tank. Savic (and I like the lad) should have been taken off after 15 minutes, it was clear that his confidence is f**ked, but expecting him to be one of 3 centre backs in this form was madness. Why no Aguero ? Milner ?

I'd also like to see an end to the Nasri/Silva pairing, one or the other, but not together, it harms them both for me.

To me tonight the team didn't look like it was confident in the selection, despite twice taking the lead, we were pretty poor.

One final thing when are we going to start stopping players crossing at will ?

if we win the league in may i'll bump this thread.

i paid £60 in total to get to the game and to get in. if we win the league i won't give a fuck.

welcometomanchester said:
You missed the point. They dominated the games and deserved their win. Hart was extroadinary but he alone couldnt prevent the inevitable. Adam, Henderson and Gerrard bossed the midfield tonight. So £23m for Adam and Henderson seems good business, considering Henderson is only 20. I liked Enrique, thought he has been good all year and probably the best left back in the league - if only we tried signing him. Downing was impressive ... What did Nasri do more than he? .. We only think they have signed poor because of the flop Andy Carroll.
They have beaten Chelsea twice, Drew to Mancs, drew to us twice, lost to us and defeated us ... They beat Arsenal and lost to Spurs with 9 men.
So how can shit players get those results???
What did Nasri do
have you watches Henderson and downing all year? If there so good why aren't they higher in the league?

Because of a combination of poor finishing and bad luck .. They have hit 18 or 19 posts this season..besides this their performances are good enough to be in 4th. Against Norwich they struck the post 4 times in the game, they conceded an own goal against Blackburn, De Gea had a magical 15 minutes to deny Liverpool a win .. It is just a combination of things really.

I never understood the "hit the post" argument. Who cares how many posts they've hit? It's the same thing as hitting the ball into row Z, outcome = no goal. It's not unlucky, like it was going in originally but got deflected onto the post or something, because it was never going in. Their performances, on the whole, have not been near good enough for fourth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.