Liverpool Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flood the midfield, play fluid quick one-touch passing... they won't stand a chance - Yaya running at them from deep... yes please.

------------------------------ HART ------------------------------

PAB ZAB--------------KOMPANY----------LESCOTT-------------CLICHY

---------------------DEJONG------------MILNER--------------------

-------NASRI--------------------------------------------SILVA-----
-------------------------------YAYA------------------------------

-------------------------------TEVEZ------------------------------

Yaya is unplayable in this position which also gives license for the top 4 to wonder around finding pockets of space.

This is my favourite formation for city.

Can't see Kompany starting. Don't think he's trained all week. It's Savic time...eek. Id go 3 at the back personally and deploy Milner and clichy as wing backs. Zabs as a centre half

I'd play 3-5-2 with a back 3 of Kompany, Lescott and Zabba... Then Yaya, Nige, Rodwell, Kolarov and Milner. Then Tevez in strike with Nasri floating.

It should be a fearsome encounter. It will be a tense affair for the first half, hopefully our class over the pitch shines through.

Liverpool's announcement of Sahin's loan signing could be a blessing in disguise for us. In the sense that their minds may be elsewhere and not truly on the match.

Do I also sense some apprehension amongst our fans in regards to Silva? Let him be, I'm sure he will be a creative outlet and probably shred Liverpool's defensive form.

City 2-0

wolfie1988 said:
Can't see Kompany starting. Don't think he's trained all week. It's Savic time...eek. Id go 3 at the back personally and deploy Milner and clichy as wing backs. Zabs as a centre half

Surely Kolo Toure is a safer option than Savic. He's not injured is he?

Really curious about this game as a neutral observer. It'll be interesting to see how far Liverpool have come towards playing in Rodgers style. They could actually put out a very good team today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.