Liverpool vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
aguero93:20 said:
We'll win this one, Dippers are still vastly overrated.

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy

Yaya
Fernandinho

Navas
Silva
Nasri

Aguero

Id go with this. Scousers will come out like the clappers. keep it tight for 10 mins then twat em.

There are huge holes in liverpools defence and Sergio will punish them.

super_city_si said:

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy

Yaya
Fernandinho

Navas
Silva
Nasri

Aguero

Id go with this. Scousers will come out like the clappers. keep it tight for 10 mins then twat em.

Mate of mine (Manc,) lives on the Wirral - saw him last night - says Liverpool were wank against Southampton away BUT came away with a 2-0 win.
I saw them on TV against Besiktas and they did not worry me. So City need to "turn up" in the first half and get a lead at half time.
remember our loss last season - we didn't start playing untill second half. Got it back to 2-2 then Komps miss kicks the ball srtaight to their Brazilian
-can't remember his name? - lose 3-2.

Bluep*ss said:
super_city_si said:

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy

Yaya
Fernandinho

Navas
Silva
Nasri

Aguero

Mate of mine (Manc,) lives on the Wirral - saw him last night - says Liverpool were wank against Southampton away BUT came away with a 2-0 win.
I saw them on TV against Besiktas and they did not worry me. So City need to "turn up" in the first half and get a lead at half time.
remember our loss last season - we didn't start playing untill second half. Got it back to 2-2 then Komps miss kicks the ball srtaight to their Brazilian
-can't remember his name? - lose 3-2.
cortina

To be honest it almost doesn't matter which players start or the formation if we play at a decent tempo we look twice the team we are if we amble about and 99% of opponents can't live with us.

The games 90 minutes if we put the effort in, colse them down and move the ball at pace we'll win.

Press high and pack the midfield.

Hart
Zab Kompany Mangala Clichy

Yaya Fernandinho

Navas Silva Nasri

Aguero

The key to this match is packing the midfield as that is Liverpool's main strength IMO so I would go (4-3-3)

I give Hart a lot of stick but he was brilliant vs Barca and rightly deserves his place. At CB I would go with Kompany & Mangala for their athleticism which will be crucial as Livepool's frontline is all about pace (Sturridge, Sterling) and I think Demichelis would have a hard time against them.

I know a lot of people will say play Sagna & Clichy at fullback but any danger from Liverpool will come from central areas (Coutinho, Sterling) and not from the wings. In fact I think that is Liverpool's main weakness, they play a back 3 with 2 wingbacks and Moreno leaves plenty of space which is why I would go for Zaba & Aleks as their attacking abilities will exploit the space left by Moreno & Johnson who can't defend for toffee.

Last season Yaya was useless at Anfield because he was playing in a 2 man midfield and couldn't cope with Liverpool's quick passing so I would put the 2 Nandos in front of the back 4 and push Yaya slightly further forward where he can still dictate the game but not have to worry about defensive duties as that is not his game.

The trio of (Yaya- Nasri- Silva) is incredible to watch and all 3 must play if we want to control the game. They are all capable of playing defence splitting passes to Aguero who has the extra motivation that a brace would be his 100th goal for City.

Hart

Zabaleta - Kompany - Mangala - Kolarov

Fernandinho - Fernando

Nasri - Yaya Touré - Silva

Aguero

blinkblue said:
Hart

Zabaleta-Demichellis-Mangala-Clichy

Nasri-Yaya-Fernandinho-Silva

Aguero-Dzeko

Being dropped seemed to wake Hart up a bit maybe it can do the same for Kompany. I don't think we'll miss him particularly in his current form.

I know where you're coming from, but it's never really going to happen is it. He needs to shake his ass up. CRAZY front foot defending at times.
He needs to chill the f*ck out.
He's unsettling everyone with his mental lunges.

I see liverpool have took a few kids to Besiktas and have left Henderson, Coutinho and Gerrard at home.
Coutinho is fatigued and needs a rest, Henderson has a slight knock and Gerrard is coming back from injury, plus Markovic suspended.
I expect Liverpool to start with a midfield four including those players against us with Sterling Sturridge and Coutinho up top, Joe allen being the other one to make up the midfield 4.

Sergio Picasso Aguero said:
The key to this match is packing the midfield as that is Liverpool's main strength IMO so I would go (4-3-3)

I give Hart a lot of stick but he was brilliant vs Barca and rightly deserves his place. At CB I would go with Kompany & Mangala for their athleticism which will be crucial as Livepool's frontline is all about pace (Sturridge, Sterling) and I think Demichelis would have a hard time against them.

I know a lot of people will say play Sagna & Clichy at fullback but any danger from Liverpool will come from central areas (Coutinho, Sterling) and not from the wings. In fact I think that is Liverpool's main weakness, they play a back 3 with 2 wingbacks and Moreno leaves plenty of space which is why I would go for Zaba & Aleks as their attacking abilities will exploit the space left by Moreno & Johnson who can't defend for toffee.

Last season Yaya was useless at Anfield because he was playing in a 2 man midfield and couldn't cope with Liverpool's quick passing so I would put the 2 Nandos in front of the back 4 and push Yaya slightly further forward where he can still dictate the game but not have to worry about defensive duties as that is not his game.

The trio of (Yaya- Nasri- Silva) is incredible to watch and all 3 must play if we want to control the game. They are all capable of playing defence splitting passes to Aguero who has the extra motivation that a brace would be his 100th goal for City.

Hart

Zabaleta - Kompany - Mangala - Kolarov

Fernandinho - Fernando

Nasri - Yaya Touré - Silva

Aguero
Am I wrong in thinking yaya went off injured early at Anfield last season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.