Liverpool vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
aguero93:20 said:
Ric said:
Is this the first time this season we've had a fully fit squad to choose from?

It's the first time we've had everyone available in all competitions (Yaya suspended on Tuesday night).

Awaiting MP's telling us about somebody getting injured in his press conference now. :)
Yet still Pellegrini will pick a team and make changes that will leave you scratching your head

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
aguero93:20 said:
Ric said:

It's the first time we've had everyone available in all competitions (Yaya suspended on Tuesday night).

Awaiting MP's telling us about somebody getting injured in his press conference now. :)
Yet still Pellegrini will pick a team and make changes that will leave you scratching your head

Will he? Thanks for letting me know, I'll have to think outside the box in the 'Guess the Team/Score' comp then.

Interesting that Pellegrini has upped the ante saying we have an advantage due to scheduling.

If we start well (or simply don't concede first 20 mins) we should be fine. I'd love to us see us start with a high intensity and really see if Liverpool fancy it. If we start like that they'll really feel tired very quickly.

The only nagging worries are the 3 former players and a possible Gerrard return.

Ric said:

Our first game against Newcastle we had some players who were rested because of World Cup ties etc and time given off before the start of the season but as I recall if push came to shove everyone was available as I recall although in terms of training to the needs of the first team and to MP 's satisfaction they were not considered available.

As we know only Joe Hart has been fit , not suspended and available for every game this season.

I read somewhere recently that 5 Chelsea players have been available for every game this season.

Mou's rotations have been far fewer from game to game and competition to competition than ours bothby design and availability and its part of the reason they hold a 5 point lead in my opinion.

Some of MP's changes many of which have been unforced have unsettled the side in my opinion on occasion but he is banking on Chelsea dropping at least 13 points from here on in until seasons end and us 8 or less in the remaining twelve games.

He firmly believes that Chelsea will keep the door open for us as Liverpool did in his first year and Manure did in 11/12 and provided we can keep our end of that equation the title in all likelihood will be ours again.

No body thought Chelsea would drop two points at home to Burnley especially at home but I think they will have to lose at least one game at home or draw another two for us to stay in the race which could happen.

We have to win our last 6 homes games or win 5 and draw one I believe if we are to stay right in the hunt.

It will then get down to away games with us having to pick up three points on Chelsea.

Liverpool is critical , we will never get a better opportunity to win there since they gifted us a win in the Anelka era when Schmeichel was man of the match.

We only played 20 minutes of good football last time and should have come away with a 2-2 scoreline.

If we play to our best we will win comfortably this time around.

In fact we only need to reproduce the second half performance against Barca and we will create enough chances to win this game.

Liverpool without Suarez and a half fit Sturridge are a shadow of the side that beat us 3-2 last season.

pavelsrnicek said:
Interesting that Pellegrini has upped the ante saying we have an advantage due to scheduling.

If we start well (or simply don't concede first 20 mins) we should be fine. I'd love to us see us start with a high intensity and really see if Liverpool fancy it. If we start like that they'll really feel tired very quickly.

The only nagging worries are the 3 former players and a possible Gerrard return.

Will gerard and Henderson be 100% no! can't see sterling lasting more than 60 mins sturidge could be doubtful allen played the full 120 balo just not in favour! Coutiniho and lalanna could hurt us if we give them space! So I expect us to press high up the pitch from the off! Gonna be a difficult game but we should come through this just!

Stick Fernandinho on Coutinho all game, central threat nullified. When they try to go around the sides keep em pressed right out wide to float balls in that Mangala/Kompany can mop up.

they're simple. not much to worry about. 0-2.

uwe rosler 28 said:
pavelsrnicek said:

Will gerard and Henderson be 100% no! can't see sterling lasting more than 60 mins sturidge could be doubtful allen played the full 120 balo just not in favour! Coutiniho and lalanna could hurt us if we give them space! So I expect us to press high up the pitch from the off! Gonna be a difficult game but we should come through this just!

Gerrard is a spent force.

Will only be involved if we concede a penalty.

100% squad, few wont even be picked for squad.

If its Jovetic 3 times in a row thats a clear message for him by Pelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.