Liverpool vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
uwe rosler 28 said:
LadislavMplmx said:
why is a Coutinho a 'threat' all of a sudden? he's been fuckin dire all season..........

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! You haven't obviously been watching Liverpool? He's been 1 of the stand out performer's in the premiership over the past 3 months!
Definitely. He is a very good player and whenever I've seen them play he has been their main attacking threat.

mancity1 said:
BringBackSwales said:
mancity1 said:
We know both Jovetic and Dzeko are on their way in the summer assuming deals can be made for a number of good reasons.

I am excited by who will get to replace them the first real challenge for our Spanish duo in our efforts to get serious about Europe without compromising the improved standard we need to set in the premiership next season.

tbh I have not personally been impressed by the success and value for money of the "Spanish duos" transfers to date, which ones so far have really impressed you?

None to be honest although Ferny had a great first season domestically and hence my comment.

MDM in my opinion has been value for the money spent.

This summer is when we shall see if they swim or sink and I am excited about that.

Aguerro was our last class aquisition.

VK and Zabba are on the decline and we need a big overhaul in the summer with youngsters required to start to get serious game time in the first team sooner rather than later.

We have not got value for money for any of our players bought in since Kun by and large but I always want the latest like Mangala to be given more time and they will be.

Not too many central defenders hit the ground with gusto and make it last consistently over their first season in a new league at such an age.

Domestically the likes of Rodwell , Sinclair etc were a disaster.

Both are struggling for regular first team game time in relegation threatened sides.

Never should have got either we should have promoted the best of our under 21's to fill in their roles to be honest.

At least we have replaced some of our senior brokers and scouts but the pressure is on the duo to deliver now and deliver they must if they are to keep their jobs beyond next season.

don't think zabba is on the decline! Any signing is a gamble just look at the rags di maria and falco looked great signings but have been poor look at lamela and soldado at spurs Liverpool have spent alot and not improved there team! Aguero was a gamble but it paid off! Maybe the next batch coming in will be to the quality of zabba, vinny, yaya, silva, sergio.

super_city_si said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
LadislavMplmx said:
why is a Coutinho a 'threat' all of a sudden? he's been fuckin dire all season..........

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! You haven't obviously been watching Liverpool? He's been 1 of the stand out performer's in the premiership over the past 3 months!
Definitely. He is a very good player and whenever I've seen them play he has been their main attacking threat.

His pace worries me as does Sterling and Sturridge but good sides that set up well snuff them out even on their own patch.

They have won more games away from home this season and their home form despite some improvement against moderate opposition of late is nothing to write home about.

With little time to recover and doubts on the fitness of much of their midfield it couldn't be better gift wrapped for us.

We all know in these situations we often come a cropper but its high time we took them to the sword on their own patch.

We are unlikely to get it much better in years to come.

uwe rosler 28 said:
mancity1 said:
BringBackSwales said:
tbh I have not personally been impressed by the success and value for money of the "Spanish duos" transfers to date, which ones so far have really impressed you?

None to be honest although Ferny had a great first season domestically and hence my comment.

This summer is when we shall see if they swim or sink and I am excited about that.

VK and Zabba are on the decline and we need a big overhaul in the summer with youngsters required to start to get serious game time in the first team sooner rather than later.

We have not got value for money for any of our players bought in since Kun by and large but I always want the latest like Mangala to be given more time and they will be.

Not too many central defenders hit the ground with gusto and make it last consistently over their first season in a new league at such an age.

Both are struggling for regular first team game time in relegation threatened sides.

Never should have got either we should have promoted the best of our under 21's to fill in their roles to be honest.

At least we have replaced some of our senior brokers and scouts but the pressure is on the duo to deliver now and deliver they must if they are to keep their jobs beyond next season.

don't think zabba is on the decline! Any signing is a gamble just look at the rags di maria and falco looked great signings but have been poor look at lamela and soldado at spurs Liverpool have spent alot and not improved there team! Aguero was a gamble but it paid off! Maybe the next batch coming in will be to the quality of zabba, vinny, yaya, silva, sergio.

Don't get me wrong Zabba has been what City is all about since 2008 , my favourite player in truth and woudn't have swapped him for all the tea in China but he is past his best no doubt.

Zabba was never a gamble and has served Argentina with distinction as well for sometime.

A players player our real spiritual leader who you will also note has grasped the English language better than all the other Argentinians and Spanish speaking players at the club and actually made an effort to take time to make English his second language and encourages by speaking English to the likes of Silva and Kun and Tevez the dumb dude when he was with us and others for obvious reasons all things which go unnoticed by main stream media.

Despite his lapse this season he still gets my nod over Clichy , Kolorov and Sagna every time and that's our problem our still best fullback has been with the club for 7 years and we still haven't found a better one who he can mentor to take over the reigns from him quickly which is what we need to do.

------------------------HART------------------------
SAGNA--KOMPANY--MANGALA--CLICHY
-------------------FERNANDINHO--------------
-----------MILNER----------------YAYA----------
NASRI----------------KUN----------------SILVA

That would be my team.

No Fernando because he has too many errors in him and I think Mangala will be needed because of his pace.

tbh I have not personally been impressed by the success and value for money of the "Spanish duos" transfers to date, which ones so far have really impressed you?[/quote]

.[/quote]

don't think zabba is on the decline! Any signing is a gamble just look at the rags di maria and falco looked great signings but have been poor look at lamela and soldado at spurs Liverpool have spent alot and not improved there team! Aguero was a gamble but it paid off! Maybe the next batch coming in will be to the quality of zabba, vinny, yaya, silva, sergio.[/quote]

Don't get me wrong Zabba has been what City is all about since 2008 , my favourite player in truth and woudn't have swapped him for all the tea in China but he is past his best no doubt.

Zabba was never a gamble and has served Argentina with distinction as well for sometime.

A players player our real spiritual leader who you will also note has grasped the English language better than all the other Argentinians and Spanish speaking players at the club and actually made an effort to take time to make English his second language and encourages by speaking English to the likes of Silva and Kun and Tevez the dumb dude when he was with us and others for obvious reasons all things which go unnoticed by main stream media.

Despite his lapse this season he still gets my nod over Clichy , Kolorov and Sagna every time and that's our problem our still best fullback has been with the club for 7 years and we still haven't found a better one who he can mentor to take over the reigns from him quickly which is what we need to do.[/quote]

Hate to keep mentioning the rags but they still haven't found a replacement for g.neville it could take 20 years to find someone better or at the same level as these kind of players! We are at a level now where we can't get much better so improving the team is very hard! Yes we all know the area's but getting the players is another thing!

super_city_si said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
LadislavMplmx said:

would he get anywhere near City or Chelsea's starting 11?average at very best,got found out like the rest of em.....

uwe rosler 28 said:

.[/quote]

don't think zabba is on the decline! Any signing is a gamble just look at the rags di maria and falco looked great signings but have been poor look at lamela and soldado at spurs Liverpool have spent alot and not improved there team! Aguero was a gamble but it paid off! Maybe the next batch coming in will be to the quality of zabba, vinny, yaya, silva, sergio.[/quote]

Despite his lapse this season he still gets my nod over Clichy , Kolorov and Sagna every time and that's our problem our still best fullback has been with the club for 7 years and we still haven't found a better one who he can mentor to take over the reigns from him quickly which is what we need to do.[/quote]

Hate to keep mentioning the rags but they still haven't found a replacement for g.neville it could take 20 years to find someone better or at the same level as these kind of players! We are at a level now where we can't get much better so improving the team is very hard! Yes we all know the area's but getting the players is another thing![/quote]

I think we can and we are paying many staff good money to do so.

Even if its not an easy task it makes it all the better when you break new ground and new ground we must break.

Constant improvement in the playing level of the first team is essential especially if we are to achieve the targets in Europe the owners have set for us.

They certainly want a Chumps League title this decade maybe two and the path to that target started a while ago.

To do so the vast majority of our current squad will need to be turned over with players better equipped to challenge on both fronts.

Whole back 4 or at least 3/4 needs shuffling after that masterclass of a runaround they were given.

Hart
Sagna
Mangala
Kolarov
Kompany
Fernandinho
Toure
Navas
Nasri
Silva
Aguero

0-3 Aguero(2),Silva

mancity1 said:
uwe rosler 28 said:

Hate to keep mentioning the rags but they still haven't found a replacement for g.neville it could take 20 years to find someone better or at the same level as these kind of players! We are at a level now where we can't get much better so improving the team is very hard! Yes we all know the area's but getting the players is another thing![/quote]

I think we can and we are paying many staff good money to do so.

Even if its not an easy task it makes it all the better when you break new ground and new ground we must break.

Constant improvement in the playing level of the first team is essential especially if we are to achieve the targets in Europe the owners have set for us.

They certainly want a Chumps League title this decade maybe two and the path to that target started a while ago.

To do so the vast majority of our current squad will need to be turned over with players better equipped to challenge on both fronts.[/quote]

I agree but maybe they think they are buying the right players only for the players to fail. When we heard we were signing fernando and mangala everybody seemed happy thinking we had signed the players to improve the squad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.