Liverpool vs United - what result suits us best?

All this rivalry being hyped by sky ... when these two play each other it must be the friendliest boardroom atmosphere of any PL fixture. They aren’t rivals, they’re brothers in arms milking the English Premier League. They have so so many common aims and interests. As others have said, two cheeks of the same arse.

All this rivalry being hyped by sky ... when these two play each other it must be the friendliest boardroom atmosphere of any PL fixture. They aren’t rivals, they’re brothers in arms milking the English Premier League. They have so so many common aims and interests. As others have said, two cheeks of the same arse.
And it’s a morbidly obese American arse.

How can rivals collude together for years against City?

Oh, I see. The football media mean just on the pitch.

Off the pitch they are great red shirt, American, billionaire friends, who will do what it takes, even illegally, to stop, and to try and destroy City.

We have to take united seriously right now, at least until their luck runs out so both teams sharing 2 points is better than one team taking 3.

If I had to pick a winner it would be united easily as I fully expect them to revert back to their mediocre best immeniently.

Any result is a disaster though if we fail to beat Palace later.

I was with you until the last sentence, how can you not hate supporters who smash up our team and supporter coaches, who boo our every touch of the ball straight after we observed their Hillsborough minute silence, who’s club hacked our youth system database, who’s ex star spits in a 14 year old girl’s face and still retain a pundit role on tv, who accuse us of cheating (oh the irony!) and breaking human rights with no evidence or basis and are just thoroughly reprehensible and vile to us?
I was with you until the last sentence, how can you not hate supporters who smash up our team and supporter coaches, who boo our every touch of the ball straight after we observed their Hillsborough minute silence, who’s club hacked our youth system database, who’s ex star spits in a 14 year old girl’s face and still retain a pundit role on tv, who accuse us of cheating (oh the irony!) and breaking human rights with no evidence or basis and are just thoroughly reprehensible and vile to us?
My hatred ratings.
Rags team > dippers team
Rag supporters > dippers supp.(by the narrowest of margins)
Rag pundits = dippers pundits.
So I want either a draw with a couple of red cards thrown in, or an unconvincing Dippers win, again with a couple of red cards.
No other results for me.

I'm comfortable with every result today. A draw probably suits us best, if Liverpool win it might shut one or two United supporters up who appear to have emerged from underneath their rocks in recent weeks and judging by how prickly Klopp has been recently, if United win there is every chance he could have a meltdown. So all good as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah, that's how I see it too. I can take positives whatever the outcome.

Spot on!

They were never rivals at one point in the not too distant past. Think I remember my Uncle (a Rag) saying it was around the 1977 FA Cup final when it changed. That’ll be because Liverpool were playing in the European Cup final the week after and, in typical Rag style, they’ll have been getting all shitty about the possibility of not being the only English winners anymore.

Then as the 70s went into the 80s and Liverpool became the most successful English club across the competitions, United got a bit jealous... Then the tables turned into the 90s and 00s and Liverpool got a bit jealous.

But none of it was particularly about them being actual rivals on the pitch. Even in their long strings of title wins - United barely challenged for the title when Liverpool were winning loads in the 70s+80s, and Liverpool barely challenged for the title when United were winning loads in the 90s and 00s. Literally only the odd time were the anywhere near each other.

The media just used them as a marketing tool because they were the most successful teams and created this big rivalry out of them. And everyone fell for it. They make out that they’re always, and always have been, gunning for titles against each other like Celtic-Rangers (50 title challenges as a pair) or Barça-Madrid (32 title challenges as a pair) but it’s just not true, they barely ever have (United-Liverpool, 5 title challenges as a pair).

Yes, there’s always been a rivalry between the cities of Manchester and Liverpool, but United-Liverpool was no bigger than City-Liverpool or City/United-Everton until the media pushed this “rivalry”.

It’s a media rivalry, mostly made-up to sell English football to the rest of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite a serious question- most people here ask for a boring 0-0 draw, I understand you want a draw because you think it's a good result for us, by the way I prefer United every day of the week because there is no chance they will go all the way. Liverpool on the other hand will finish in first or second place this year and they r our main rival for the title.
So about my question - why do you want a 0-0 result so much? Sunday noon, there are a few hours to burn until City's game, 2 teams with good players. Why not be a 3-3, 4-4 game with a lot goals and fun football to watch.I mean draw is a draw, and quite a few of people here will watch the game, so why not enjoy a good game?

We have to take united seriously right now, at least until their luck runs out so both teams sharing 2 points is better than one team taking 3.

If I had to pick a winner it would be united easily as I fully expect them to revert back to their mediocre best immeniently.

Any result is a disaster though if we fail to beat Palace later.
Selecting a winner between these two is like being given a choice of contracting syphilis or gonorrhea, I want a 0-0 draw, but if I simply had to
choose a winner, it would be the Rags, for the reasons you state.
Now, after saying that, I'm off to wash my mouth out with Sulphuric acid, and
set my knackers on fire.
Video will be up tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.