Liverpool vs United - what result suits us best?

Quite a serious question- most people here ask for a boring 0-0 draw, I understand you want a draw because you think it's a good result for us, by the way I prefer United every day of the week because there is no chance they will go all the way. Liverpool on the other hand will finish in first or second place this year and they r our main rival for the title.
So about my question - why do you want a 0-0 result so much? Sunday noon, there are a few hours to burn until City's game, 2 teams with good players. Why not be a 3-3, 4-4 game with a lot goals and fun football to watch.I mean draw is a draw, and quite a few of people here will watch the game, so why not enjoy a good game?

A boring 0-0 will burst the media hype.

A 4-4 still suits us as a result but it will be remembered as an all-time classic, the goals will be replayed a million times in the years to come... All adding more and more weight to the relentless wankfest

Quite a serious question- most people here ask for a boring 0-0 draw, I understand you want a draw because you think it's a good result for us, by the way I prefer United every day of the week because there is no chance they will go all the way. Liverpool on the other hand will finish in first or second place this year and they r our main rival for the title.
So about my question - why do you want a 0-0 result so much? Sunday noon, there are a few hours to burn until City's game, 2 teams with good players. Why not be a 3-3, 4-4 game with a lot goals and fun football to watch.I mean draw is a draw, and quite a few of people here will watch the game, so why not enjoy a good game?
Enjoy a Liverpool vs Utd game??????

You can win titles based on goals scored (third after points then goal difference), 0-0 is always preferable.

Plus don’t underestimate United, they’re better than the other 17 teams in this league and a win today could drive them to pick up a lot of points against all those other teams they’re better than.

We only play either of them once more and they’ll only play each other one more time after today. So the chances of them playing against better teams is very small, so any time either of them can drop points on the same weekend, the better!

A rag win suits us more. They will drop points and bottle it under pressure as we get towards the business end. The dippers could still pull themselves together and go on a good run so it would be better for them to lose. Also breaks their Anfield dominance which could lead to wheels falling off even more.

A rag win keeps all the talk about them winning the title and lets us stay under the radar.

Media machine:

“What ever the result football wins”.

The agenda is front and centre today.

We are plastic fans that don’t attend games. We are cheats with oil money.
We are corrupt human rights abusers.

As another poster eluded to earlier it is a media rivalry in name only. The commercial success of the premier league and by association the broadcasters and broadsheets relies heavily on the rags & the scousers.

They have politicised the sport and spread gossip as truth.

Chelsea were allowed in as it still left the Scum, Arsenal, Liverpool/Spurs a chance to finish top 4 each year. City came along and oh shit we can’t be having another team competing for honours as the myth created would crumble.

Not only did we compete but dominated. So when you are annoyed at the media/fans gobbing off today smile and realise we have caused untold damage to this myth.

It’s like the matrix. They want to live in the media machine.

So fuck them for not wanting to see the truth. Another team is competing so get used to it.

Last edited:
We've had plenty of incidents with fans of other clubs, remember Milwall bringing a huge mob intent on causing mayhem in the 90's or Boro attacking aul fellas in the main stand (or was that Coventry?) You could go on and on, doesn't stop that our rivals are united, and only that club for me.
Well, you should hate them as well! Although the 90s was a long time ago (I am sure the offspring of said teams who will now attend their clubs games are much less reprehensible - not!!)

To be fair I'm more concerned about our game against palace. I've got butterflies already, as long as we get 3 points and keep a clean sheet 1-0 will do me

There are positives in all results but I want the rags to lose. Already sick of the hype of them being top so the sooner they are put back in their box the better. Plus, I could just about cope with the scousers winning it again at the end of the season but the scum winning it is unthinkable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.