Liverpool will get fourth.

That's about the dumbest statement I've encountered on a football forum.
Why is it? The man's not far wrong in his view. Week after week we see the same old little clique at the top getting away with things that the rest of us would be heavily penalised for. How do often do we see the likes of Vidic and Gerrard hacking down opponents at will and never being penalised by the ref's?

It's no exagerration to say that the Top 4 get preferential treatment from Prem officials. How else can you justify what happened in the CC Final recently with Vidic, not even being given a yellow?

Don't try to tell me Premiership ref's are not lenient towards the Top 4 because it just won't wear.

KentBlue said:
Why is it? The man's not far wrong in his view. Week after week we see the same old little clique at the top getting away with things that the rest of us would be heavily penalised for. How do often do we see the likes of Vidic and Gerrard hacking down opponents at will and never being penalised by the ref's?

It's no exagerration to say that the Top 4 get preferential treatment from Prem officials. How else can you justify what happened in the CC Final recently with Vidic, not even being given a yellow?

Don't try to tell me Premiership ref's are not lenient towards the Top 4 because it just won't wear.

These things tend to balance themselves out. Even if some referees favor the bigger teams it's never to the point that they decide which team finishes in the top four. You have to be retarded to believe this.

The top four finished at the top of the table for the last few years because they have got more money, better players,better managers and deeper squads with more individual quality than the rest of the league. Arsenal may be an exception when it comes to spending but other than that you'll see the same story in every country.

If City don't make it into the CL spot it wouldn't be because of some FA conspiracy, it'd be because you didn't do well enough to finish at the fourth spot.

please update this chart boozo<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:08 am --<br /><br />Sorry Bizzbo!! thanks

bobrivers said:
KentBlue said:

These things tend to balance themselves out. Even if some referees favor the bigger teams it's never to the point that they decide which team finishes in the top four. You have to be retarded to believe this.

The top four finished at the top of the table for the last few years because they have got more money, better players,better managers and deeper squads with more individual quality than the rest of the league. Arsenal may be an exception when it comes to spending but other than that you'll see the same story in every country.

If City don't make it into the CL spot it wouldn't be because of some FA conspiracy, it'd be because you didn't do well enough to finish at the fourth spot.

Why do think TV replays are rejected time and again, and now they wont even talk about it? It's because these things dont tend to balance themselves out. How can you measure anyhow, if they balance out? Gerrard and Mascherano should be banned at the moment, but they picked up 3 points against Sunderland, when will Sunderland play again at Anfailed this season to get the chance to balance things up?

You have actually spelled it out yourself, its the same clubs getting stronger, particularly in the weaker east European states that are benefitting. Donetsk had 9 foreign, one country and one home grown player on the pitch when they won the UEFA. Platini thought it was great, the berk hadn't realised they wouldn't be able to field that team under his own proposals.

bobrivers said:
samharris said:
The top four is decided by referees,linesmen and the FA...

Football has nowt to do with it...

So let me get this straight. You actually believe that football is the only multi-billion pound industry in the world that is free of corruption ? Tell you what, I've got some magic beans here, only a tenner for 5 !

Next you'll be telling me that Platini wants to control the finances of football clubs because he's concerned about "fairness" rather than ensuring the G18 clubs remain the richest.

Wreckless Alec said:
bobrivers said:

So let me get this straight. You actually believe that football is the only multi-billion pound industry in the world that is free of corruption ? Tell you what, I've got some magic beans here, only a tenner for 5 !

Next you'll be telling me that Platini wants to control the finances of football clubs because he's concerned about "fairness" rather than ensuring the G18 clubs remain the richest.

C'mon Alec, you surely cannot mean something like this would happen in football....<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8379251.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 379251.stm</a>

Oh!

bobrivers said:
KentBlue said:

so bad decisions are ok cos they BALANCE themselves out and you have the nerve to dis my views. ffs.

if im dumb you're fookin dumber.

-- Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:09 am --

bobrivers said:
KentBlue said:

so bad decisions are ok cos they BALANCE themselves out and you have the nerve to dis my views. ffs.

FIFA soon changed the rules to aid the top teams in the play offs for the world cup this year by seeding them..heaven fucking forbid that france and portugal play each other for a place in the finals eh ??

so dont tell me things arent "rigged"

my statement is far from dumb and you really need to get your head out of your arse...

it was proved in the trannys last season with the scum that if all the points from the well dodgy decisions that he and the scum got that season they wouldnt have won the title..so yes referees not doing their job properly or the the rules of the game helped a team win a title...

thankyou.

samharris said:
bobrivers said:

-- Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:09 am --

bobrivers said:

FIFA soon changed the rules to aid the top teams in the play offs for the world cup this year by seeding them..heaven fucking forbid that france and portugal play each other for a place in the finals eh ??

so dont tell me things arent "rigged"

my statement is far from dumb and you really need to get your head out of your arse...

you forgot the handball Sam.

Why is Henry not banned Bob? Don't say because everyone does it, players do it because they can get away with it. If retrospective punishment was applied fairly, Henry would miss France's next three matches. Where is Platini from?
Is the picture emerging yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.