Liverpool will get fourth.

M18CTID said:
bizzbo said:
This is what I came up with last week:

vxdzl4.jpg

I think villa are just about more of a threat than liverpool and spurs, assuming that pool and spurs don't win their games against the top four. villa could easily win 6 more games.

but right now it's still in our hands. at this stage we've just got to keep the points ticking over. 4 from the next two games (fulham A, everton H) is the next step.

then it's Wigan H, Burnley A, Birmingham H. if we took nine, I think draws against utd, villa, spurs and a win on the final day would be enough. six is the minimum, but then we'd probably have to beat villa, maybe spurs too.

Can't see us winning at Fulham or Arsenal. 1 point possibly from either of those, however still see us finishing fourth.

Fair play for trying to work that out, but I hate to say that Villa have only played 28 games - same as us - yet you've only got them down to play 8 more games this season. They've another 2 matches on top of those you've listed to fit in - not sure who they're against though.

SWPISHOME said:
davymcfc said:
iv got a feeling this guys a wind up. not planning a forum invasion again i hope.
hateutd has to be a rag!
......?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!id rather be dead than red!

NICKS BACK said:
Fair play for trying to work that out, but I hate to say that Villa have only played 28 games - same as us - yet you've only got them down to play 8 more games this season. They've another 2 matches on top of those you've listed to fit in - not sure who they're against though.

aha... if I say that's a good spot, it makes me seem less stupid for missing it ;)

it's damned annoying even if it was only supposed to be a way to fill a quiet half-hour, rearranged dates for Everton (H) and Hull (A) announced since I posted that.

In that case I think we will probably have to win the game against them. People predicted that they'd fall apart in March, and that just ain't happening, so far. but they are facing a fixture pile up now, so I'm only giving them a point from their two games...

1934i9.jpg

I doubt anyone gives a toss but I've shared the spreadsheet so you can do your own predictions, seems a little bit more straightforward than the BBC thingy even if you have to tally the points yourself....
<a class="postlink" href="https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoxK2v9_KeH8dFRDZUtnM1pm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... RDZUtnM1pm</a>

Aston Villa ....... Wolves(h), Sunderland(h), Chelsea(a), Bolton(a), Everton(h), Portsmouth(a), Birmingham(h), Man City(a), Blackburn(h) and Hull(a)= 49 + 7 wins + 2 draws = 72 points
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Man City ....... Fulham(a), Everton(h), Wigan(h), Burnley(a), Birmingham(h), Man Utd(h), Arsenal(a), Aston Villa(h), Tottenham(h), West Ham(a) = 50 + 5 wins + 4 draws = 69 points
Liverpool....... Man Utd(a), Sunderland(h),Birmingham(a), Fulham(h), West Ham(h), Burnley(a), Chelsea(h), Hull (a) = 51 + 5 wins + 1 draw = 67 points
Tottenham....... Stoke(a), Portsmouth(h), Sunderland(a), Arsenal(h), Chelsea(h), Man Utd(a), Bolton(h), Man City(a), Burnley(a) = 52 + 4 wins + 1 draw = 65 points

everytime i try and predict the season run in i get different results. there's a saying, always back the outsider in a 3 horse race. yes i know there are 4 teams but it could be similar.

damn, its just too close to predict.

If Liverpool do get 4th then it will be because City, Villa and Spurs have thrown it away!!
I look at our fixtures and only Arsenal away looks one where we might get nothing.All the rest we should be thinking about winning or at the very least a draw.Keep the faith...who would have bet on us winning at Chelski?

the goats backside said:
I know where he is coming from, would have done anythin for a trophy this year, the rest will follow

Could easily argue that if we get 4th the good top players and trophies will follow. I would have loved to have won that semi but if it is a choice between the league cup and 4th, I know which I'd prefer.

well done bizzbo can you keep updating please it makes exciting reading Thanks

mullsy said:
Anyone but the scousers , ill even take Spuds doing it if us or Villa cant get there , bent the lot of them . It also made me laugh that it was the Sky 4 that were the only one's against a play off for 4th place , as I said bent the lot of them .

If only them 4 were against it how come it was not voted in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.