Liz Truss Resigns as PM

Describing something as wet in the physical sense describes an object that has become saturated or covered with water, not the actual liquid itself.

Scientists make this stuff up so that we shouldn't have to argue about it ;)

I think they mean a scheduled flight, say using BA or QANTAS.

On which she could have flown 1st class for £13,391
£500k is actually not bad because she didn't go on her own don't forget and they're already paying Titan Airways to lease the aircraft anyway so it makes sense to use it.

She probably took a team of people and for 10-30 people in the government and civil service that would easily go to well over £100k.... This is all unless the UK government decided to travel on a foreign airline in economy which seems unlikely. With the expenses they all get I don't think even the hardest within Labour would stoop that low.

I'm not excusing anything, this is just an example of the kind of eyewatering money wasting that occurs with every government. It's why we're all paying for the mortgages on their second houses in London and beyond.

£500k is actually not bad because she didn't go on her own don't forget and they're already paying Titan Airways to lease the aircraft anyway so it makes sense to use it.

She probably took a team of people and for 10-30 people in the government and civil service that would easily go to well over £100k.... This is all unless the UK government decided to travel on a foreign airline in economy which seems unlikely. With the expenses they all get I don't think even the hardest within Labour would stoop that low.

I'm not excusing anything, this is just an example of the kind of eyewatering money wasting that occurs with every government. It's why we're all paying for the mortgages on their second houses in London and beyond.
I don't have a problem with it, i was just stating the scheduled rather than charter cost and yes it is all part of the cost of Government. It just looks bad when you consider the economy is not great.

I agree that there would have been more than 1 person, not sure how many, but you'd think that the govt could just have mentioned it!

I look forward to Truss lecturing about environmental concerns though - bit harder for the govt to argue that this wasn't as 'green'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.