Liz Truss

What a ridiculous thing to say - a hair's breadth!
When Starmer starts lying to parliament and breaking the law let us know.
Johnson isn't even a competent liar. He gets found out every time.

Starmer is a moral and intellectual giant compared to Johnson. That alone should secure the vote of anyone who cares even a little about how we are governed.
Starmer is ahead of Johnson, but not by much. The problem Labour supporters have is naming who will back him up?

Emily Thornbury?
Yvette Cooper?
David Lammy?
Angela Rayner?
Johnathan Ashworth?
Lisa Nandy?

Heaven help us.... I am not for one minute condoning the current bunch of incumbents/clowns there now but..... this lot ain't any better by a long stretch.

It's like asking how do you want to die? Burnt alive or by a thousand cuts?

We really are in a terrible state right now and there is no getting away from that.

I know that it's unpopular by I DO hold Starmer accountable for the non prosecution of Saville. He was the head of the CPS. When a case of the magnitude of Saville arrives he should have been all over it. Absolutely NO decision should have been taken without him being involved. He should have chaired top level meetings that discussed the case and been right across everything!

It's all too easy to say, "the investigation and decisions were taken by someone lower down the food chain and it had nothing to do with me" - Ridiculous in the extreme. At that alone discredits him to me to the point of no return!

Last edited:
Starmer is ahead of Johnson, but not by much. The problem Labour supporters have is naming who will back him up?

Emily Thornbury?
Yvette Cooper?
David Lammy?
Angela Rayner?
Johnathan Ashworth?
Lisa Nandy?

Heaven help us.... I am not for one minute condoning the current bunch of incumbents/clowns there now but..... this lot ain't any better by a long stretch.

We really are in a terrible state right now and there is no getting away from that.
What makes you come to that conclusion? Labour haven't been in power for 12 years and none of those you mention other than Yvette Cooper have had senior roles in government, and Cooper was reasonably well regarded as competent - something you can't say about any of Johnson and his team of charlatans.

In reality it would appear that you are a Tory who has had enough of the lies, incompetence and bullshit of our current government but can't bring yourself to admit that the alternative might be better.

What makes you come to that conclusion? Labour haven't been in power for 12 years and none of those you mention other than Yvette Cooper have had senior roles in government, and Cooper was reasonably well regarded as competent - something you can't say about any of Johnson and his team of charlatans.

In reality it would appear that you are a Tory who has had enough of the lies, incompetence and bullshit of our current government but can't bring yourself to admit that the alternative might be better.
Their whole attitude to politics and being in opposition tells me all I need to know, like I said I don't trust any politician at the moment, red or blue and BTW your analysis is not correct, but nice try.

Not that I would disagree with a single word you say.... but my challenge is, who the fuck replaces these clowns?

Starmer is probably only just by a hairs bredth better or more competent than Johnson but, beneath him aside from Chris Bryant (though I'm not sure what role he could fulfil), the Labour party have absolutely no one to fill the vacuum.

Sad days, very sad days.
I am fucked if I know mate

What I do know is that an imbecilic pigeon on acid would have more clue than Johnson, Truss et al. This crowd make the Thatcher administration look sympathetic, the Major administration honest and the Blair administration moral.

There are few people in Parliament from any party with the gravitas to be PM. Those who i admire are Caroline Lucas, Angela Raynor, a grudging respect for David Davis and Douglas Ross, Chi Onurwah, Mhairi Black, Clive Lewis and that's about it.

For PM, Ian Lavery.

I am fucked if I know mate

What I do know is that an imbecilic pigeon on acid would have more clue than Johnson, Truss et al. This crowd make the Thatcher administration look sympathetic, the Major administration honest and the Blair administration moral.

There are few people in Parliament from any party with the gravitas to be PM. Those who i admire are Caroline Lucas, Angela Raynor, a grudging respect for David Davis and Douglas Ross, Chi Onurwah, Mhairi Black, Clive Lewis and that's about it.

For PM, Ian Lavery.
Andy Burnham.

Emily Thornbury?
Yvette Cooper?
David Lammy?
Angela Rayner?
Johnathan Ashworth?
Lisa Nandy?

I know that it's unpopular by I DO hold Starmer accountable for the non prosecution of Saville. He was the head of the CPS. When a case of the magnitude of Saville arrives he should have been all over it. Absolutely NO decision should have been taken without him being involved. He should have chaired top level meetings that discussed the case and been right across everything!

It's all too easy to say, "the investigation and decisions were taken by someone lower down the food chain and it had nothing to do with me" - Ridiculous in the extreme. At that alone discredits him to me to the point of no return!

So Starmer should have prosecuted offences that the complainants did not want to give evidence in relation to? And how would that have worked out?

Would Savile’s case have been thrown out due to a lack of evidence?

Asking for my unlearned friend.

Yes.

Sexual abuse cases, especially historical ones, involve one person's word against another's. If the complainant isn't willing to give evidence, there isn't a lot more that can sustain a conviction.

The guy who I just replied to simply doesn't like Starmer and is using this as a stick to beat him with. He's entitled to his view, of course, but trying to justify it on this particular basis is bollocks and I'm just having a bit of fun with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.