Llorente should have been signed instead of RSC.

Deal with it. Mark Hughes got Roque Santa Cruz to perform to his best level in his career and score 23 goals in the process. I have no reason, injuries aside, to doubt that he will do the same for us especially given the superior service he will receive here from Shauny, Stevie and Robbie and maybe even Carlos if he makes the right choice!

We can twiddle our thumbs, throw our toys out the pram but we have to get behind him once he is in a blue shirt. There is no point regretting not signing someone when in reality another player has been signed who has premiership experience, Champions League experience with Bayern and only failed to perform last season due to a mixture of injuries and not wanting to play for Blackburn Rovers anymore due to the managerial situation.

kippax casual said:
vincent said:
kippax casual said:
You are talking about the wrong Llorente the lad who scored last night is Fernando Llorent for Athletico Bilbao and is a much better player than the one at Villareal

Oh ok apologies. Anyway, Hughes has bought good players so far so we shall see.

I can't remember a manager for us who has made as many consistently good signings as Hughes.

This is one the most loathed points for me!

What past manager (with the exception of AB) couldn't have made "consistently good signings as Hughes" with the allowed budget he has??!

Really fickle and stupid point, Kippax!

Bigga said:
kippax casual said:
vincent said:
kippax casual said:
You are talking about the wrong Llorente the lad who scored last night is Fernando Llorent for Athletico Bilbao and is a much better player than the one at Villareal

I can't remember a manager for us who has made as many consistently good signings as Hughes.

What past manager (with the exception of AB) couldn't have made "consistently good signings as Hughes" with the allowed budget he has??!

Once again your anti hughes bullshit knows no bounds!

Big money guarantees good signings........absolute tripe:
Veron,
Schevchenko,
Rebrov,
Alves,
Kezman,
Etc etc.

Many so called big name managers have spent big money on bad signings, MH's record is excellent (except TBH obviously) thus far.

Live with it, get over it and give credit where it is due!!

bluemoon1078 said:

Veron,
Schevchenko,
Rebrov,
Alves,
Kezman,
Etc etc.

Many so called big name managers have spent big money on bad signings, MH's record is excellent (except TBH obviously) thus far.

TBF, kippax was talking about City managers. In which case Bigga has a point.

Bigga said:
kippax casual said:
vincent said:
kippax casual said:

Keegan for one, Sven another

GStar said:
bluemoon1078 said:

Veron,
Schevchenko,
Rebrov,
Alves,
Kezman,
Etc etc.

TBF, kippax was talking about City managers. In which case Bigga has a point.

I'm not talking about budgets or anything like that I'm on about signing good players which Hughes has done.

Keegan had reasonable resources and wasted them on people like Mills Fowler Mcminmum Vuoso Macken Siberski.

Sven wasted money on Benjani and arguably Jo plus some other debatable signings.

C_T_I_D said:
Deal with it. Mark Hughes got Roque Santa Cruz to perform to his best level in his career and score 23 goals in the process. I have no reason, injuries aside, to doubt that he will do the same for us especially given the superior service he will receive here from Shauny, Stevie and Robbie and maybe even Carlos if he makes the right choice!

We can twiddle our thumbs, throw our toys out the pram but we have to get behind him once he is in a blue shirt. There is no point regretting not signing someone when in reality another player has been signed who has premiership experience, Champions League experience with Bayern and only failed to perform last season due to a mixture of injuries and not wanting to play for Blackburn Rovers anymore due to the managerial situation.
Santa Cruz got fantastic service from Bentley and Pedersen.

Who will provide the service at City? Petrov wont play, SWP can't cross, so we're talking Robinho, Bridge and Tevez.

I we're beinging in 4-6 players, and Barry, RSC, Tevez are 3, and a back-up keeper is 4. What are the additional positions that need strengthening?

Central defence, and a wide player (elia?)

infaltablesgalore said:
Poor Judgment Mr Hughes.

Villareal striker, Spanish international. Scored for Spain lastnight and been Villareals best player this season.

Shame he would have been perfect as a lone forward.

Why don't you give City a call? I'm sure they'll value your input.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.