LMA Manager of the year - Rodgers

Der Bomber said:
Manager of the year for failing miserably in two Cup competitions. For being absent from Europe due to your abject incompetence the year before. For lucking out that Arsenal didn't really want to go that extra length to pry loose Chomps the racist cannibal. And for, what? Choking away an apparently insurmountable lead and finishing behind another club that had 4x the injuries that had to play at 13 more matches.
Like it. It really is pathetic. Quite a funny quote on the bbc though from Rodgers - 'I thought I'd be on an open-topped bus tonight!' LOL.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27387062" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27387062</a>

A fairly good article in the Sunday Mirror by Andy Dunn (not my favourite pundit) Predicted that either Brenda or Pulis would win it. He based this on some pretty sound logic.

Firstly that out of the 92 LMA voters, 78 are British. many of these are young lower league managers who see the parachuted-in Johnny Foreigners as blocking their aspirations to manage Premier League Clubs. He then went on to compare Pelli's double with Houlier's Dippers winning the treble of UEFA Cup, League Cup & FA CUp in 2001, when the LMA award went to Ipswich's George Burley who got them to 5th in the PL.

Then Ancelotti's League & FA Cup double but the award went to Roy Hodgson for Fulham losing in the Europa League Final and coming TWELTH IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!!! HELLO.......LEAGUE Managers association, Manager of the Year......TWELTH in the League?

Yeah, the LMA can be said to be somewhat tetchy and petulent when it comes to making their award.

The good news is it DOESN'T stop Pelli from winning the League, cups & Champions League next season.

LUNAR AZUL FOREVER.

Much is about expectations. Although Pellegrini's had a great season, he inherited a squad that had come first and second and just been strengthened by the best part of £100m. City and Chelsea were joint favourites for the title.

The dippers, in contrast, had finished seventh and were on long odds. Palace were a basket case when Pulis took over.

While it's scandalous that Pellers didn't run them close, it's no surprise that the other two polled more votes. They vastly exceeded expectations. If I take off my sky blue specs I can't honestly argue with that.

I doubt if he's bothered. He's holding the silverware that counts.

Pinturicchio said:
Congrats to Brendan. He really deserves it. Did a great job finishing this high.

He got more than 20 pts ahead of the rags with the budget they have ?

But Pell would have deserved it just as much if not more.
Please tell me how Liverpool's budget is at all different from United?

Both have spent almost identical figures for years now.

£38m for Mata, £35m for Carrol
£24m for RVP £25m for Suarez
£20m for Keane £20m for Young

and so on..

BlueTG said:
Pinturicchio said:
Congrats to Brendan. He really deserves it. Did a great job finishing this high.

He got more than 20 pts ahead of the rags with the budget they have ?

But Pell would have deserved it just as much if not more.
Please tell me how Liverpool's budget is at all different from United?

Both have spent almost identical figures for years now.

£38m for Mata, £35m for Carrol
£24m for RVP £25m for Suarez
£20m for Keane £20m for Young

and so on..
I think you've got your sums wrong!
I mean, Liverpool don't buy the league and are doing things the right way (apparently).

sir baconface said:
Much is about expectations. Although Pellegrini's had a great season, he inherited a squad that had come first and second and just been strengthened by the best part of £100m. City and Chelsea were joint favourites for the title.

The dippers, in contrast, had finished seventh and were on long odds. Palace were a basket case when Pulis took over.

While it's scandalous that Pellers didn't run them close, it's no surprise that the other two polled more votes. They vastly exceeded expectations. If I take off my sky blue specs I can't honestly argue with that.

I'm sure teams overachieving never stopped your namesake winning manager of the year!

Mrmcfc said:
sir baconface said:

I'm sure teams overachieving never stopped your namesake winning manager of the year!

Absolutely, mate. That horrible old piss can could do no wrong.

What a massive bag of wank.

Pellers is clearly Manager of the Year imo.

1.New to the league / country

2. Inherited somebody else's squad who had a very ingrained 'style'. Changed this pretty quickly and made them 'his' team.

3. Inherited an unhappy squad and turned this around to some tune.

4. Had to select and integrate his 'own' players (5 of them). Every single one of them has been class (when they've played).

5. Vastly improved players such as Garcia, Kolarov and Nasri.

6. Handled the Joe Hart situation perfectly

7. Won the title and League Cup (only 9 clubs have ever done this so I'm told). We won nowt last season.

8. Took us the furthest we've ever been in the CL

9. Played incredible football for long periods of the season.

10, Scored the most goals in the division and had the 2nd best defence. Finishing with the 3rd highest ever GD.

11. Brought us through 'from behind' (9 points behind) using the games in hand wisely and handled that pressure extremely well.

12. Never gave the media / press a fucking morsel.

Rogers on the other hand allowed his 'expertly coached' team to conceded 50 league goals (yes 50!!). His expertise saw his team ridiculously try to crush Chelsea when they only needed a fucking draw and allowed Palace to claw back a 0-3 deficit with 10 minutes to go. All this brilliance achieved when he only had to play 1 game every week.

Absolute joke of a decision.

Pellers is the man end of story.

Pulis I can have as being up there, but what about Steve Bruce at Hull? FA Cup finalists, Europa League achieved and Premier League status in tact all in their first season back in the top flight? Fucking brilliant that.

Blue2112 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but in the last 15 years the award has been given on 12 occasions to the manager who won the title. On the three times it wasnt it was Ancelotti at Chelsea that never got it and the other two occasions was when we have won it and you really don't think there is an agenda going on? Mancini should have got it because it was our first title for 44 years and Pellegrini for doing a double in his first season here I think is a far better acheivement whilst still being able to acknowledge what Rodgers and Pulis have done.

You are wrong with regards to the LMA award

Blue2112 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but in the last 15 years the award has been given on 12 occasions to the manager who won the title. On the three times it wasnt it was Ancelotti at Chelsea that never got it and the other two occasions was when we have won it and you really don't think there is an agenda going on? Mancini should have got it because it was our first title for 44 years and Pellegrini for doing a double in his first season here I think is a far better acheivement whilst still being able to acknowledge what Rodgers and Pulis have done.
No Blue. I'm with you 100% I don't think there is a conspiracy against Manchester City FC. I know there is. Anyone who doesn't is either nieve or in denial. I would have far more respect for the likes of SSN, Talk Shite, the press, broadcasting media and pundits if they actually said what they think "we hate the fact that little old City the chirpy club from the North West have become the biggest threat to English football with decades of dominance to come"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.