local youth products

A A

Anonymous

bit concerned with the lack of mancunian/ english talent coming through our academey, lots of good players like suarez however most are being bought from other clubs and a lot of them arent english. I love what are academy is doing, but think they should focus a bit more on bringing through local lads. I would love to see the gerrard equivalent in a city midfield- local lad who loves the club

not moaning btw ;)

We have loads of English lads (many of them capped at England youth level) in the academy + EDS but will any of them make it? Maybe, possibly, but hard to be optimistic... none are getting Wilshere/McEachran/Sterling style hype at the moment (if Razak chooses England we can cheat a little and have our own high quality "English" youngster :P).

The U18 team in particular is nearly all English except Suarez and Rusnak (who is as good as Mancunian now)... Rekik rarely plays for them. I know that George King the captain is quite highly rated and there is Henshall who has gotten much hype but is very inconsistent.

The U16 team on the other hand is keeping only a few of the promising local kids like Angus Gunn and Ashley Smith Brown, and there seems to be a large push to sign some of the top 15/16 year olds from England and elsewhere (like the incoming Pozo from Real Madrid) so that may be more of a multicultural side like the EDS side last season was with Guidetti, Razak, Veseli, Ibrahim, Helan, etc.

It would be great to see a English boy make the first team, especially an inspiring midfield type (Gerrard/Lampard/Scholes) but it is hard to see this happening until our academy is upgraded and we initiate this new plan that will allow kids more time to train each week. However let's see how this batch of U18s kick on in the next year or two as they are one of the best sides in the country at that age group and the matchday squad is nearly all English.

@LoveCity

Is that portuguese guy "Ronny" already playing for the youth team? And Pozo aswell?

Bellers_a_hero said:
To be honest there's still quite a few English lads in the U18's and midfielders like you ask for!

i know that, but barely any under, hughes and mancini get played in the first eam, may be about ten minutes here or there,but thats it

BlueCityfan said:
@LoveCity

Is that portuguese guy "Ronny" already playing for the youth team? And what's the plan for Pozo?

Both will arrive in January I think in the transfer window as I believe that also applies to kids when they transfer from one club to another. Pozo's parents have already been in Manchester apparently to find a home and the club will help them find jobs. This rumoured buy-back clause that Madrid may have worries me though, if we make a top talent out of him.

There's also Bersant Celina, a 15-year-old forward from Norway we beat Liverpool to coming in and there was that talk we were signing "the best youngster in the world" Zakaria Bakkali from PSV but there has been nothing lately on that.

City have also been chasing Tommie Hoban (17, Watford) and Conor Hunte (15, Chelsea) but turned down Raul Mendiola (17, USA/Mexico) after a six-week trial and he is going to Sevilla. Our scouts are aggressive at the moment in recruiting top young talent and there are probably dozens more on our radar. The standard has to go up as even though we have an impressive youth system too many lately seem to end up in League One or thereabouts. Even if kids don't make it with us we should hope they are a high standard so we can get good transfer fees and put sell-on clauses when they leave which will help fight FFP.

Don't worry, we'll have my little un starting in 14 years time (now 4)

*sits back in chair and daydreams further*

LoveCity said:
BlueCityfan said:
@LoveCity

Is that portuguese guy "Ronny" already playing for the youth team? And what's the plan for Pozo?

Both will arrive in January I think in the transfer window as I believe that also applies to kids when they transfer from one club to another. Pozo's parents have already been in Manchester apparently to find a home and the club will help them find jobs. This rumoured buy-back clause that Madrid may have worries me though, if we make a top talent out of him.

There's also Bersant Celina, a 15-year-old forward from Norway we beat Liverpool to coming in and there was that talk we were signing "the best youngster in the world" Zakaria Bakkali from PSV but there has been nothing lately on that.

City have also been chasing Tommie Hoban (17, Watford) and Conor Hunte (15, Chelsea) but turned down Raul Mendiola (17, USA/Mexico) after a six-week trial and he is going to Sevilla. Our scouts are aggressive at the moment in recruiting top young talent and there are probably dozens more on our radar. The standard has to go up as even though we have an impressive youth system too many lately seem to end up in League One or thereabouts. Even if kids don't make it with us we should hope they are a high standard so we can get good transfer fees and put sell-on clauses when they leave which will help fight FFP.

Thanks. Will be interesting next month. Sounds like there will be a dozen of new promising youngsters arriving in january for the youth team. So it will probably be more interesting to follow the results of youth teams.

LoveCity said:
BlueCityfan said:
@LoveCity

I'm fairly sure a buy-back clause just means Real get first option to sign him IF we decide to sell.

LoveCity said:
BlueCityfan said:
@LoveCity

Is this the Pozo lad?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlF2cVX81Ig[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.