log burners

marco

anyone have one, just fitted mine after its been lying in the shed for 5 years, certainly gives off some heat if i feed it bits of 3x2 but it struggles to burn a log at a reasonable rate,any ideas i have the vents open on full

anyone have one, just fitted mine after its been lying in the shed for 5 years, certainly gives off some heat if i feed it bits of 3x2 but it struggles to burn a log at a reasonable rate,any ideas i have the vents open on full
If the inflow vent is open full you should be fine. Are your logs super green?

If the inflow vent is open full you should be fine. Are your logs super green?
logs seem ok,,there are two sets of vents one along the bottom front about ten 1'' holes with a slider to shut them down,and their is the same along the top above the door,why is there vent holes on the top as i would have thought all air should go in under the fire?

When it's up and running close the bottom vent and open the top. Close both of them if you want to slow it all down. For burning coal just open the door and shut the the bottom vent. Don't forget to empty the ash pan daily....lots of dust. Annual decorating above the fire, wall and ceiling. Don't burn pallet wood, if you do mix it with other wood. Same goes with pine. Buy a chimney sweep brush.

Chop your logs smaller or get it really fucking raging before putting a big fella in there

When it's up and running close the bottom vent and open the top. Close both of them if you want to slow it all down. For burning coal just open the door and shut the the bottom vent. Don't forget to empty the ash pan daily....lots of dust. Annual decorating above the fire, wall and ceiling. Don't burn pallet wood, if you do mix it with other wood. Same goes with pine. Buy a chimney sweep brush.
cheers bud,il try the vents as you say tomo,i just had it burning a right load and the heat output is great, smoke alarm went off but no smoke in the room, i think its the paint curring on it as i recently gave it a make up job, picked this info up on a forum that it can cause this,takes a few fires to cure the paint

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.