LOL Qatar

mcfcmatt said:
I've got a set of tickets from the 1966 World Cup, to all Englands games and a few programmes and memorabilia also.
As a kid I heard the story of the 1966 World Cup and as I grew older it interested me more and more. I was hoping I'd be able to see one myself in this Country.
Maybe I will do one day but I'll be over 50 ffs!

Fcuk you FIFA and actually fcuk you also UEFA
You are the people ruining football.
We had the best bid and got 2 votes? The FIFA Club does not like the truth.

Football will always be England.

CTID
But the way that the game has progressed to a worldwide sport surely must be some consolation.
You have dreamt of watching a WC in your homeland, I have never thought that I would have the same chance, but I still attended every home game for lot of years, and "that night in '82" will be forever in my memory, and the atmosphere in Wembley when we qualified for Mexico is a very short distance behind it.
People are ridiculing quatar for getting the '22 finals due to the heat, the heat in the USA finals was also on a lot of peoples minds, they are ridiculing FIFA for awarding the '18 finals to Russia because of the distance between venues, the USA is a pretty big country, and I wouldnt fancy walking across Oz either.
While i agree that either England or the Iberian joint bid would have been the best for '18, FIFA are looking to expand the appeal of the "Global Game" and lets be honest, the game aint going to get much bigger in England, Spain or portugal as a result of hosting the WC than it is now, the USA and Australia have better stadia at present and a far larger potential fan base to purchase tickets than Quatar, but in the USA (who have recently hosted the WC), baseball (or rounders as it should be called), american football (or handball) and Ice Hockey are more popular sports, while in Ox, Rugger league, rugger union, Aussie rules and cricket would all get more paying punters through the turnstiles that the beautiful game.
So why not?
(oh and for the '26 games, I hope the IFA have the plans in place, Windsor, Mourneview, Shamrock, Coleraine showgrounds, Seaview, Drumahoe, Ards new ground, Clandyboye, all perfectly able to host 4 -5,000 crowds and if you are not drunk walking down the street you will look out of place, though it is a little more than 25 miles from Windsor to Drumahoe.)
(we also have a footballing museam in East Belfast called the Oval that will transport fans back to the good old days)

If FIFA say no city can have more than 2 grounds in the bid, how much did qatar have to pay to fifa to even get a bid where 6 grounds will be in the same city even to the voting stage.

If Wales or Ireland for Example wanted to bid for the world cup they would have been told to fuck off at the first stage for not having enough city's to host the event by fifa's own rules.

Its the reason only 1 of the emirates, redeveloped whl or the olympic stadium could have been used in Englands bid meaning we had to offer smaller stadiums elsewhere in the country.

You heard it here first-FAROES for World Cup '30!! Where are those freaking trawler boys when you need them???

Benarbia said:
Blatter doesn't give 2 shits now - he's masterminded to what he wants and knows he won't be around when either of the 2 WC's come around

It's funny because earlier I thought just fuck off and die Sepp, I aint going to see a WC in England till you josh it.

But now I want him to live and see what a daft 'legacy' he has given to football. You could have got away with Russia but Qatar FFS pal

For those who think Qatar is some tin pot country full of terrorists your having a laugh right? Seriously, the USA witnessed the single most devastating terrorist incident of modern times on its own soil, does no-one remember 7/7 too?? Don't be completely thick by saying it shouldn't be in Qatar to avoid terrorism or something! The threat will ALWAYS be wherever the World Cup is it is completely irrelevant, if anything the dangers are much higher in our own country where the effects of any attack would be huge.

The UAE and Qatar are very different and if anything very pro-western, they are both very similar in terms of development. Look at Dubai compare it with Doha and there isn't much difference. They are both oil rich and want to diversify, i'm surprised no Qatari has bought into the Premier League yet! Hence our very own Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon are a part of one of these emerging countries. It's insulting that people will pigeon-hole without actually having any clue whatsoever in what they are talking about.

Yes it will be hot, Brazil is also generally hot, footballers are paid ridiculous amounts of money so i'm sure they'll cope. Wasn't the temperatures in South Korea/Japan touching 100f in 2002? The World Cup is about heading to another country and not just watching football but enjoying their culture. I still don't think Russia should of got 2018 because we are in a perfect position to host it but having a go at Qatar is completely ridiculous, i'll be heading over there in 2022.

inbetween said:
For those who think Qatar is some tin pot country full of terrorists your having a laugh right? Seriously, the USA witnessed the single most devastating terrorist incident of modern times on its own soil, does no-one remember 7/7 too?? Don't be completely thick by saying it shouldn't be in Qatar to avoid terrorism or something! The threat will ALWAYS be wherever the World Cup is it is completely irrelevant, if anything the dangers are much higher in our own country where the effects of any attack would be huge.

The UAE and Qatar are very different and if anything very pro-western, they are both very similar in terms of development. Look at Dubai compare it with Doha and there isn't much difference. They are both oil rich and want to diversify, i'm surprised no Qatari has bought into the Premier League yet! Hence our very own Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon are a part of one of these emerging countries. It's insulting that people will pigeon-hole without actually having any clue whatsoever in what they are talking about.

Yes it will be hot, Brazil is also generally hot, footballers are paid ridiculous amounts of money so i'm sure they'll cope. Wasn't the temperatures in South Korea/Japan touching 100f in 2002? The World Cup is about heading to another country and not just watching football but enjoying their culture. I still don't think Russia should of got 2018 because we are in a perfect position to host it but having a go at Qatar is completely ridiculous, i'll be heading over there in 2022.

Why shouldn't Russia get the 2018 while it is "ridiculous" to have a go at Qatar? Russia is a huge and important country that has never hosted the WC before, and unlike Qatar it has a football history too. And the laws in Qatar regarding females, gays, minorities and the contract workers from the sub-continent is really appalling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.