LOL Qatar

some of you lot on here.tut.tut
just because russia and qatar happen to be 2 of the richest countries in the world you think its bent.
look on the bright side, you would,nt have got a ticket anyway.

warhawkmoski said:
Hey fellow blues, checking in here from the States.

We are absolutely gutted by the announcement, just as I'm sure you all are over the 2018 announcement. It sucks for both nations, but at least you lost to a country that has a good economy, a high level league, and isn't smaller the state of Connecticut. This is an absolute joke and I could go on for hours about how ridiculous this decision is. What I don't understand is that one of the big selling points by Qatar is that they will build their stadiums with built-in A/C, however, technology will only allow them to cool the temperature by so much. So instead of playing in 113 degrees Fahrenheit, they will play in something like 100 degrees Fahrenheit. It pains me to say this, but I honestly don't understand why they are putting the players at risk like this and I would not be surprised to see someone seriously injured as a result. Will it take a player dying on the pitch for FIFA to realize how much of a mistake this is?

On top of that, what happens with the supporters from Brazil show up and their female supporters are in their bikinis? Are they going to throw them in jail? Punishing them under Qatar law? Added on to that, the alcohol and curfew laws, how do they expect to see any revenue? I'm garaunteing this right now, 2022 will be the least attended World Cup in it's history. Stadiums will be half empty and fans will be able to spit from one stadium to the next.

How are the teams going to find room to train in-between matches? Are they going to have to share training grounds? More than likely, yes. How will there be enough hotels for the teams? Do they even have 32 hotels in Qatar? Do they really want rival nations staying in the same hotel?

This thing has disaster written all over it, and I hope it blows up in Qatar, and FIFA's face. It's time for a change, unfortunately, the lack there of, has already cost England and the States the 2018 and 2022 WC. If Qatar did not have oil under it's soil, they never get the host. I don't care if you disagree with me on that, but take the nation of Qatar and transplant it into the middle of Europe and tell me with a straight face that they get the host site for 2022, oh wait, you can't.

I wonder if the bookies already have odds out for 2026, because Luxembourg would have to be the favorites. A new country, extremely small, no possible way that their infrastructure can handle what the WC brings, etc. Oh wait, that's Qatar, just without the oil in the ground.

not quite correct matey....you can cool anything to whatever temperature you want in a sealed dome, as long as you provide enough energy to allow the equipment to cool to that level.....the lower you want your temperature, the more it costs to run the a/c units....most a/c systems have in built high ambient kits now adays allowing them to operate upto 45degrees C whilst still providing 22degree C indoor temp all day long

Q8-Blue said:
I don't see what the problem is, terrorist capital of the world??? Well the uae and its ruling family and pretty much everyone in the region is proud of what qatar has achieved. I'm sorry england lost but qatar ran for 2022 while the usa had the 94 wc and oz had 2000 olympics the middle east has never hosted a major sports event, qatar was doubted by everyone from the start surely by being blues fans we could rejoice for the underdog???

On Sunday, WikiLeaks revealed a State Department cable last December that labeled Qatar, the tiny, oil-rich Gulf nation, as the Middle East's "worst" participant in counterterrorism efforts, the New York Times reports. According to the cable, Qatari security was "hesitant to act against known terrorists out of concern for appearing to be aligned with the U.S. and provoking reprisals."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article387163.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 387163.ece</a>
THE government of Qatar is paying millions of pounds a year to Al-Qaeda in return for an undertaking to spare it from further terrorist attacks, official sources in the wealthy Gulf state claimed last week.
The money, paid to spiritual leaders sympathetic to Al-Qaeda, is believed to be helping to fund its activities in Iraq. In a recent message broadcast via the internet, Osama Bin Laden told followers that operations in Iraq were costing Al-Qaeda more than £500,000 a month.

They must be beaming with pride.

sixlashes said:
some of you lot on here.tut.tut
just because russia and qatar happen to be 2 of the richest countries in the world you think its bent.
look on the bright side, you would,nt have got a ticket anyway.
oh i'm not sure about that

Doesn't warner have a spare few thousand for sale?

baylorblue said:
Q8-Blue said:
I don't see what the problem is, terrorist capital of the world??? Well the uae and its ruling family and pretty much everyone in the region is proud of what qatar has achieved. I'm sorry england lost but qatar ran for 2022 while the usa had the 94 wc and oz had 2000 olympics the middle east has never hosted a major sports event, qatar was doubted by everyone from the start surely by being blues fans we could rejoice for the underdog???

I'm sure you are pleased but it's a bit of a farce. The country would appear to be far too small to entertain an event of this magnitude. I'm also very concerned about your ability to provide security to foreign fans, especially those from countries like the US and England who have had military presences in the Middle East in recent times. You have a lot to prove to ensure that this event can be even a moderate success.

It will be a compact wc which has advantages as well as disadvantages, security, well we have many expats from western nations in the me, qatar has the largest military base in the persian gulf, i myself was educated in a british school and we had many british teachers and in my personal xperience they have never felt threatened in any way (except by driving in the roads which thteatens every1 ;). We do have a lot to prove and judging by qatars presentation i'm sure they'll rise to the challenge.

Been to Qatar a few times and hated the place spending 7 quid a pint in the Sheraton there and watch Man Ure fluke the Champions League final. All games in Qatar will be played withing 25 miles of each other. Nothing like seeing the country eh

Q8-Blue said:
baylorblue said:
I'm sure you are pleased but it's a bit of a farce. The country would appear to be far too small to entertain an event of this magnitude. I'm also very concerned about your ability to provide security to foreign fans, especially those from countries like the US and England who have had military presences in the Middle East in recent times. You have a lot to prove to ensure that this event can be even a moderate success.

It will be a compact wc which has advantages as well as disadvantages, security, well we have many expats from western nations in the me, qatar has the largest military base in the persian gulf, i myself was educated in a british school and we had many british teachers and in my personal xperience they have never felt threatened in any way (except by driving in the roads which thteatens every1 ;). We do have a lot to prove and judging by qatars presentation i'm sure they'll rise to the challenge.

I will say this, I have no doubt your WC will come off. You have the money to make it all work, but I'd still be surprised if many Americans attend. There are 12 years left yet so of course much can change. I guess all that's left for the US and England is to hope Brazil balls it up and the WC has to be moved haha.

No probs whatsoever with Qatar getting 2022 - well done.

If it was Abu Dhabi in for it, we would be congratulating them right now.

And on another upside, United have been courting Qatar for last year or so about buying them.

They said no way with a World Cup bid to consider.

Instead, they went and bought Harrods. Not to mention chipped in with Sheikh Mansour to bail out Barclays!

They have close ties to our owners and I am sure they will be delighted for them and the region.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

And on another upside, United have been courting Qatar for last year or so about buying them.

Instead, they went and bought Harrods. Not to mention chipped in with Sheikh Mansour to bail out Barclays!

They have close ties to our owners and I am sure they will be delighted for them and the region.

Does Abu Dhabi allow Israelis/ Jews in to country or does it have the same policy as Qatar? If its the same and that policy would be ignored for a World Cup only then many would object in exactly the same way.

And the same would apply in reverse.

Kick racism out.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

I disagree Tolm, sorry mate.

No way on Earth does Qatar or any other middle eastern nation deserve to host the biggest sporting event in the world.

Blatter playing politics instead of doing what he should have done, make the correct decision for the good of the game.

No history in the game, no clear evidence that the game will be any bigger there after, the heat is a major factor against playing competitive sport there outdoors at that time of year, Security issues....

Blatter is taking the game to.......Doha!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.