London Based Blues-New venue

mackenzie said:
peoffrey said:
All Mancunians who are relevant in life took some time away from Manchester.

I normally like your posts peoffrey but bloody hell that is a very sweeping statement?!

I couldn't imagine living in same City all my life and feel you can only really experience what's out there when you give new opportunities a try. It's better to try and fail as opposed to not trying at all. Many of my childhood friends have worked the same job for 5+ years and some 10+ years. It's a reluctant acceptance to carry on with what they've always known.

It's in my genes, too. Neither of my Parents are Mancunians and neither were my Grandparents. We're a family of mongrel pikeys, basically! I myself left North Manchester when I was 16, moved to South Manchester at 20 and then left again at 25. I'm 32 now. Next stop New York! ;-)

peoffrey said:
mackenzie said:
peoffrey said:

I normally like your posts peoffrey but bloody hell that is a very sweeping statement?!

I couldn't imagine living in same City all my life and feel you can only really experience what's out there when you give new opportunities a try. It's better to try and fail as opposed to not trying at all. Many of my childhood friends have worked the same job for 5+ years and some 10+ years. It's a reluctant acceptance to carry on with what they've always known.

It's in my genes, too. Neither of my Parents are Mancunians and neither were my Grandparents. We're a family of mongrel pikeys, basically! I myself left North Manchester when I was 16, moved to South Manchester at 20 and then left again at 25. I'm 32 now. Next stop New York! ;-)
Lol ! Me too, lived all over the country, various parts of South and North Manchester, Liverpool, leicester, back to MCR, Hebden Bridge, Stranraer, Dumfries and North and South London !
No signs of Sky/Espen this week at The City Pride, so either Blue Anchor or find somewhere local. The Famous 3 Kings in West Kensington is always a good venue

West Kensington is impractical for 5pm as I'm going to pat my Boss on the backside and ask her to let me leave early. I'm coming from Camden so Chancery Lane will be easier. Do you want to meet me in The Blue Anchor for kick off?

And thanks to PB for letting me know it's Wednesday. I saw "Europa" and recalled Thursday matches against FC Plinky Plonky of Transylvania. I used to book Thursday / Friday off and have a long weekend for City including the Sunday league clash. Great days...

peoffrey said:
West Kensington is impractical for 5pm as I'm going to pat my Boss on the backside and ask her to let me leave early. I'm coming from Camden so Chancery Lane will be easier. Do you want to meet me in The Blue Anchor for kick off?

And thanks to PB for letting me know it's Wednesday. I saw "Europa" and recalled Thursday matches against FC Plinky Plonky of Transylvania. I used to book Thursday / Friday off and have a long weekend for City including the Sunday league clash. Great days...
TBH I thought it was Thursday too, us fair weather fans eh?
Will let you know about meeting at Chancery Lane, funds are low :(

tueartsboots said:
TBH I thought it was Thursday too, us fair weather fans eh?
Will let you know about meeting at Chancery Lane, funds are low :(

I think I can just about pull £10 together and fortunately my Mate owes me £55 for his train ticket for Saturday. I'd be thirsty before the Blackburn match otherwise.

Did you find yourself a job in the end?

peoffrey said:
mackenzie said:
peoffrey said:

I guess we are all different peoffrey.
My cousins and Aunt have been settled down South for about 10 years and are now in the process of emigrating to Oz. One cousin went a few weeks back and the others will follow as soon as.
I just couldn't do it. Although I hate mundane routine I also like familiarity, but find escapism through books.

mackenzie said:
peoffrey said:

My cousins and Aunt have been settled down South for about 10 years and are now in the process of emigrating to Oz. One cousin went a few weeks back and the others will follow as soon as.
I just couldn't do it. Although I hate mundane routine I also like familiarity, but find escapism through books.

Of course we're all different. Everyone thinking the same way or looking the same way sounds like my idea of hell. Either that or being superglued in to a seat in the Stretford End.

I wouldn't say I'm settled here as such. I don't plan on being here for the rest of my life - although there's no Mrs Peoffrey and absolute freedom often leaves me feeling like it's time to move on regardless of knowing exactly where I'm going to be!

peoffrey said:
mackenzie said:
peoffrey said:

Of course we're all different. Everyone thinking the same way or looking the same way sounds like my idea of hell. Either that or being superglued in to a seat in the Stretford End.

I wouldn't say I'm settled here as such. I don't plan on being here for the rest of my life - although there's no Mrs Peoffrey and absolute freedom often leaves me feeling like it's time to move on regardless of knowing exactly where I'm going to be!
You've got Sophie.

tueartsboots said:
peoffrey said:
mackenzie said:

Lol ! Me too, lived all over the country, various parts of South and North Manchester, Liverpool, leicester, back to MCR, Hebden Bridge, Stranraer, Dumfries and North and South London !
No signs of Sky/Espen this week at The City Pride, so either Blue Anchor or find somewhere local. The Famous 3 Kings in West Kensington is always a good venue

Any sign of life at the City Pride, or is it the Blue Anchor this affy?

Chris in London said:
tueartsboots said:
peoffrey said:

Any sign of life at the City Pride, or is it the Blue Anchor this affy?
Blue Anchor Chris, Pride is having probs getting a Sky contract

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.