London Based Blues-New venue

4HeatonsBlue said:
I go sporadically and the venue has always been crap - probably the most uncomfortable pub I have ever been in so would welcome a change.

Not a bad crowd - you have a certain amount of internet weirdos who no doubt spend the rest of the week tampering with animals but there are certainly some decent folk there - off the top of my head Owain and Prestwich Blue

I'm probably the biggest City fan there and as a result always get people flocking to talk to me (Bit embarrasing really).

Hopefully we can get rid of the City Pride forever and go somewhere decent.

Personally i found most of the city fans in there most unfriendly, me and my mates fucked the gaff off after a couple of visits, full of Jeremys in the worst pub in a good area.

for those that are moaning about the cup final, why weren't you at the game? or at least near the ground, live in london and watch the cup final on a TV in farringdon, not much of a supporter are you

blueballoon said:
Personally i found most of the city fans in there most unfriendly, me and my mates fucked the gaff off after a couple of visits, full of Jeremys in the worst pub in a good area.

for those that are moaning about the cup final, why weren't you at the game? or at least near the ground, live in london and watch the cup final on a TV in farringdon, not much of a supporter are you

How on earth you're unable to find Blues friendly in there is beyond me. I'm about as unpleasant and hostile as can be but got to know a dozen new people who I am pleased to call friends. I didn't meet one wanker in there who was a Blue. Not one.

I watched the Cup Final in there because I was unable to get a ticket. Do you honestly believe I'd rather be in a Pub than at Wembley? I had no Seasoncard last season which meant I wasn't high on the list. The City Pride was going to be rammed with Blues and was so easily the best place to watch it because of the atmosphere. It's just a shame a Cockney Red decided to do his best to spoilt it.

peoffrey said:
blueballoon said:

How on earth you're unable to find Blues friendly in there is beyond me. I'm about as unpleasant and hostile as can be but got to know a dozen new people who I am pleased to call friends. I didn't meet one wanker in there who was a Blue. Not one.

I watched the Cup Final in there because I was unable to get a ticket. Do you honestly believe I'd rather be in a Pub than at Wembley? I had no Seasoncard last season which meant I wasn't high on the list. The City Pride was going to be rammed with Blues and was so easily the best place to watch it because of the atmosphere. It's just a shame a Cockney Red decided to do his best to spoilt it.

I think that's pretty harsh...blueballoon.
Although peoffrey and I have had a few robust differences of opinion in this thread...I am completely with him on this one.

If you asked a cross-section of fans at home games to all assemble at one venue in the centre of Manchester you would get a wide variety of characters:
some more vocal / some more interested in tactics / some "posh" / some more "down to earth" / some "die-hard" fans / some "fair-weather" fans / some young / some families / some old geezers always harping back to the "good old days"....but they would all have a common interest in City.

What tueartsboots + others have been trying to do is establish a central London location where Blues can watch City in the company of other City supporters...with the added atmosphere + banter that brings....as opposed to watching in their local pub with a few mates.

In the process...that throws together supporters who...if they were attending a home game...might be in the South Stand / the family stand / Level 2 corporate / etc etc.
Like peoffrey, I have always found that the common interest in City to be the most powerful thing which helps "break the ice"...and which helps overcome any perceived "cliques" or lack of warmth in the reception you get from fellow supporters.

Having been a season ticket holder for over 20 years...I have been fortunate to be able to get tickets for the "big" recent games at Wembley...but if I hadn't ...there is nowhere in London I would rather have been for these occasions than in the company of fellow Blues @ the City Pride.

Scooby Blue said:
I think that's pretty harsh...blueballoon.
Although peoffrey and I have had a few robust differences of opinion in this thread...I am completely with him on this one.

If you asked a cross-section of fans at home games to all assemble at one venue in the centre of Manchester you would get a wide variety of characters:
some more vocal / some more interested in tactics / some "posh" / some more "down to earth" / some "die-hard" fans / some "fair-weather" fans / some young / some families / some old geezers always harping back to the "good old days"....but they would all have a common interest in City.

What tueartsboots + others have been trying to do is establish a central London location where Blues can watch City in the company of other City supporters...with the added atmosphere + banter that brings....as opposed to watching in their local pub with a few mates.

In the process...that throws together supporters who...if they were attending a home game...might be in the South Stand / the family stand / Level 2 corporate / etc etc.
Like peoffrey, I have always found that the common interest in City to be the most powerful thing which helps "break the ice"...and which helps overcome any perceived "cliques" or lack of warmth in the reception you get from fellow supporters.

Having been a season ticket holder for over 20 years...I have been fortunate to be able to get tickets for the "big" recent games at Wembley...but if I hadn't ...there is nowhere in London I would rather have been for these occasions than in the company of fellow Blues @ the City Pride.

What a fantastic reply! I'd also like to add that the first "battle for 4th" match between ourselves and Tottenham in The City Pride was about 2/3rd City and 1/3rd Spurs with absolutely NO hint of trouble whatsoever. The Spurs fans were obviously jubilant at earning a place in the Champions League and weren't shy about it - but I didn't see any of them even being given a stern look from one Blue in there. It's quite telling that I was a little uneasy at the idea that it could get out of hand but I had my faith in Football Fans restored.

I honestly can't think of one complete prick I've met in that Pub who was there to support City. That says something because there's normally one or two more inside the Stadium...

blueballoon said:
4HeatonsBlue said:
I go sporadically and the venue has always been crap - probably the most uncomfortable pub I have ever been in so would welcome a change.

Not a bad crowd - you have a certain amount of internet weirdos who no doubt spend the rest of the week tampering with animals but there are certainly some decent folk there - off the top of my head Owain and Prestwich Blue

I'm probably the biggest City fan there and as a result always get people flocking to talk to me (Bit embarrasing really).

Times I have been there have always been on my own and everyone been friendly even met a few guys at games who I had seen in City Pride - as regards the Cup Final, me and a few lads didn't have tickets but went to Wembley, pubs kicked everyone out with 10 mins to go to kick off and about 30 of us from one pub had to jump on tube to next stop and watch it there, I asked copper why and he said he didn't know why we all had been kicked out as there was no trouble, he said it was a decision he didn't agree with as it left hundreds of ticketless blues walking the streets rather than in 1 or 2 pubs, whilst we had great day (missed first 10 minutes) I would have quite easily gone to City Pride and kind of wished I had

ob said:
Times I have been there have always been on my own and everyone been friendly even met a few guys at games who I had seen in City Pride - as regards the Cup Final, me and a few lads didn't have tickets but went to Wembley, pubs kicked everyone out with 10 mins to go to kick off and about 30 of us from one pub had to jump on tube to next stop and watch it there, I asked copper why and he said he didn't know why we all had been kicked out as there was no trouble, he said it was a decision he didn't agree with as it left hundreds of ticketless blues walking the streets rather than in 1 or 2 pubs, whilst we had great day (missed first 10 minutes) I would have quite easily gone to City Pride and kind of wished I had

Experience shows it's often best to be a short distance away from the Stadium when you haven't got a ticket. You can often be an easy target for people looking for trouble or the Pub wants to close in order to stock up / tidy for post-match celebrations. It's difficult for them to do that when they've got lots of drinkers in there.

I'm beginning to think about what to do for Porto on Thursday as it's on ESPN for that terrible kick-off time. Can anyone tell me how far along The City Pride is with TV etc?

blueballoon said:
4HeatonsBlue said:

Unfriendly? Sure you were in The City Pride-or did you just not mingle?

peoffrey said:
All Mancunians who are relevant in life took some time away from Manchester. /quote]

I normally like your posts peoffrey but bloody hell that is a very sweeping statement?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.