London Bridge terror attack - 2 dead (not including attacker)

Well obviously, but whenever someone gets released and goes on to commit the same crime they were in prison for in the first place, it's clear that the system has failed at some point. They've both failed to rehabilitate him and they've failed by releasing him when he was clearly still a risk. That doesn't mean that it's the fault of any one individual, but it's legitimate to question the system that allowed a convicted terrorist back out on the streets who then went on to commit another terrorist act.
Because he was given 16 years originally and was allowed out after 8 on license. Without thought police or making any terrorism offence a mandatory life in prison without parole, it’s impossible to stop a lone knife man.

Sorry if I'm misreading what you've said here, it's early, but I don't accept that this, and other acts, can be attributed to health
issues.
You think someone who dresses up in a fake suicide vest whilst going on a knife frenzy in central London is mentally well?

Because he was given 16 years originally and was allowed out after 8 on license. Without thought police or making any terrorism offence a mandatory life in prison without parole, it’s impossible to stop a lone knife man.
I agree. The solution's right there in your post. Is 16 years an appropriate sentence for someone convicted of plotting to commit mass murder? Knowing that they'll likely get out in 8?

ETA: The other thing I'll add is to what extent in a terrorism case is early release predicated on them demonstrating that they have changed their ideology? Or is it just your classic time off for good behaviour? I think with any ideologically-driven crime, the ongoing ideology of the prisoner should be the main factor in any decision as to whether they should be released or not.

Last edited:
You think someone who dresses up in a fake suicide vest whilst going on a knife frenzy in central London is mentally well?

mate the problem with the mental health argument is it can be used to defend anything. Do you think it’s mentally normal to want to have sex with little girls or boys ?

the most I will give this **** is he is weak minded open to manipulation as so many others seem to be by religion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.