London For A Week

If you're around Westminster/Pimlico I can personally recommend a few.

The Speaker - Perkins Rents
The Cask - corner of Charlwood St & Tachbrook St
The Windsor Castle - Francis St
The Royal Oak - Regency St
The Barley Mow - Horseferry Rd

Around St James Park tube station:
The Sanctuary - Tothill St (good pies if they still do them)
The Two Chairmen - Dartmouth St
The Adam & Eve and The Buckingham Arms - Petty France

If you fancy somewhere a bit more up-market with good food then there's the Thomas Cubitt on Elizabeth St but that can get very busy.

Damn this tread is old - but are your recommendations still up to date? Am going to London next week. It would be nice to know some good Pubs :)

The Shepherds Market pubs are pretty good. You get some tourists who have found them, but it's more local workers than anything else.

There are 4 pubs I am going to

Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese on Fleet Street .... Sam Smiths
Cross Keys in Covent Garden .... 5.95 for a Sunday roast :)
Nell Gwynn Tavern Covent Garden
Ye Olde Mitre in Farringdon

But will deffo check out some recommendations on here :) thanks

Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese is the one. Just look up the history of the place. It's just fantastic.

I also very much like The Glasshouse Stores on Brewer Street in Soho (another Sam Smiths place with a traditional pub atmosphere).

Up west my fave pubs are the Lamb and Flag in Covent Garden (Friday eves) and The Salisbury off Leicester Sq.

We often did this trip with visitors in town: meet up mid morning at Borough Market for eats, get the train out of London Bridge to Blackheath, through and across to the main gates at Greenwich park, walk down past the Royal Observatory and the statue of Wolfe (note the bullet holes in the plinth made by Uwe Roslers granddad), down the hill to the Maritime museum and naval college and into Greenwich. Head right at the Cutty Sark along the Thames to the Trafalger pub for a taster, carry on further east to the Cutty Sark pub for a few more before going back into Greenwich to catch the river bus back to Charing Cross.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.