London

I worked and lived there for three years,and i began to hate the place.

Now,i just have the odd weekend theatre break there,and i love it again.

I’ve lived in South Wales, Herefordshire, Manchester and London (currently back in Manchester) for roughly equal lengths of time and took something different from each. Good bits and bad bits.

East London was home for three nights over the League Cup Final and, in some ways, I was glad to be there. The tube got me from E6 to NW1 in less than an hour door to door. My old boss took me out to lunch and explained she hadn’t replaced me properly. Staff turnover was always high and Londoners are constantly chasing that extra £. I otherwise went out to my old haunts and it was great to see old friends.

Yes it is expensive but if you’re on good money and don’t insist on living somewhere posh then you get by ok. People do keep themselves to themselves (especially in central London) but you’ll find a community wherever you live. I’ve seen everything from Mexican football fans through to hundreds of Santa Clauses on nights out.

It’s not such a bad place. Do I miss it? Sometimes.

Maybe but you lot don’t talk to friendly strangers in the bogs
Not so fast my friend. I was in London for a week, my wife had a work trip there and I was holidaying.

We went on a Jack the Ripper tour one night. I was 1/2 pissed and ducked into a pub to use the toilet. I went into the Men's and there was a young man shooting something into his arm with a hypodermic.

He looked at me and said, "I'm diabetic, it's insulin. I'm not a junkie." Then kind of laughed.

Moral is some Londoners will make conversation in the bogs. :)

Not so fast my friend. I was in London for a week, my wife had a work trip there and I was holidaying.

We went on a Jack the Ripper tour one night. I was 1/2 pissed and ducked into a pub to use the toilet. I went into the Men's and there was a young man shooting something into his arm with a hypodermic.

He looked at me and said, "I'm diabetic, it's insulin. I'm not a junkie." Then kind of laughed.

Moral is some Londoners will make conversation in the bogs. :)
A Londoner making chit-chat? Sorry but he was a smackhead

It's a fantastic city, love the area around Borough market, it's where the nutters decided to attack people a while back, but has a great vibe nearly every night of the week, was a short bus ride from Rotherhithe where I lived for a short while.

Some great pubs in central London too, Fleet Street and surrounding areas is good.

Used to love going down for gigs at the legendary Hammersmith Odeon ..... The Marquee and a few pints in the Intrepid Fox seeing which rock stars were in. Top one was Lemmy ...

we spent 3 nights around kings cross from the friday night to the monday morning when we came home to manc after the league cup final,we absolutely loved it,my wife who had never been before loved it which made me happy with a football final thrown in for good measure :-)

we had spurs fans singing "bluemoon " to us on the friday night in the wetherspoons in Farringdon (sir john oldcastle ),it was an all round great weekend and the travel cost within Greater London is cheaper than Great Manchester.

It was the fault of the government,i was so dissapointed ( not )

Last edited:
Love it short term, for a weekend or a few days work but wouldn't want to live there.

I lived there as an 18 yr old for two years and found it a bit unfriendly. I did live in south east London though which was a complete shithole in them days. So much better now.

However as I get older I see the place in a different way. For me it’s a great place now. So much to see and do. Borough market and the walk from there to Waterloo along the river is my favourite thing to do while in London. I love the vibrancy the place has. St James Park, Soho and Camden are other favourites.

I could live there again now but wouldn’t want to do so if still working and having to commute. Packed tubes and stations don’t appeal. Retirement I could do but wouldn’t be able to afford due to the extreme houses price situation. I should have bought when there back in 1987. Flats in Lewisham back in the day were peanuts. Going for a mint now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.