Long Lost Manchester Pubs.

I got 9/10.

Sign of a misspent decade in my 20s. Mind you, if they had just done central Manchester and Salford I'd have copped the lot. In 1976/7 a mate and got hold of a pub guidebook for that area, and went around until we had had a drink in every single one. Back then, there were some truly outstanding shitholes.

Got 8/10.
Just shows how lucky Manchester has been with local brewers.
Great to see that Hyde's, Holts, Lees & Robbies are still going strong.
Big shame that Tommy Ducks was demolished overnight and not forced to rebuild it.
But, the beer (Greenhall Whitley) was shocking..

8/10 for me...missed a couple of south Mcr ones.
Nearly blew The Castle & Falcon, which was more commonly known as The **** & Truncheon....

9/10. Probably would have been 5 or 6 without the multiple choice to remind me though.

Never heard of The Smiths.

The Eagle in Hulme, fittingly photographed with a police car outside. Trying to think of the old landladies name but it escapes me. She used to tell me how some of the regulars would sit at the bar with knives taped to the underside of the bar where they were sat.

9/10. Probably would have been 5 or 6 without the multiple choice to remind me though.

Never heard of The Smiths.

The Eagle in Hulme, fittingly photographed with a police car outside. Trying to think of the old landladies name but it escapes me. She used to tell me how some of the regulars would sit at the bar with knives taped to the underside of the bar where they were sat.
The Smiths more commonly known as 'the hammer'... I got The eagle wrong, knew th eplace but I thought it was called THe Seahawk!

There was a Bass Drum pub on Salford Precinct and if I remember rightly, there was one on Chester Road in Stretford?
When I was a kid living in Moston, I had a friend that lived in the Blue Bell on Moston Lane. No wonder I ended up alcoholic!

There was a Bass Drum pub on Salford Precinct and if I remember rightly, there was one on Chester Road in Stretford?
When I was a kid living in Moston, I had a friend that lived in the Blue Bell on Moston Lane. No wonder I ended up alcoholic!
Could probably do a feature on the closed pubs of Moston Lane area. Blue Bell is a Holts stalwart pub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.