Long Lost Manchester Pubs.

The Smiths more commonly known as 'the hammer'... I got The eagle wrong, knew th eplace but I thought it was called THe Seahawk!

The Seahawk was a similar looking typical estate pub but lasted a lot longer than The Eagle. Time flies but probably only shut about 5 or 6 years ago.

It was actually in Old Trafford but very close to the Hulme border.

There was a Bass Drum pub on Salford Precinct and if I remember rightly, there was one on Chester Road in Stretford?
When I was a kid living in Moston, I had a friend that lived in the Blue Bell on Moston Lane. No wonder I ended up alcoholic!

The one in Stretford is a McDonalds now.

Don’t remember one in Salford of that name. You possibly might be thinking of The Kettle Drum, which was also a Bass house and did look almost identical to the Bass Drum in Stretford.

There was a Bass Drum pub on Salford Precinct and if I remember rightly, there was one on Chester Road in Stretford?
When I was a kid living in Moston, I had a friend that lived in the Blue Bell on Moston Lane. No wonder I ended up alcoholic!
That lad was one of my best mates and a huge blue. Miss the crazy fucker to this day. :(

The one in Stretford is a McDonalds now.

Don’t remember one in Salford of that name. You possibly might be thinking of The Kettle Drum, which was also a Bass house and did look almost identical to the Bass Drum in Stretford.
Yeah... I wasn't sure of the name difference.

Could probably do a feature on the closed pubs of Moston Lane area. Blue Bell is a Holts stalwart pub.
Yes, most gone off Moston Lane. The Thatched house, The Ben Brierley ,The museum, The Bricklayers, I think The mowers went a few years back and not sure if the old looms now gone. Right at the top of Moston Lane when you get to Rochdale Road, The golden tavern and Top Derby have now gone(although not 100% sure the tops gone) and further up The farmyard went years ago. Not to forget the Dean Brook, The Lightbowne and the kestrel on the other side of Moston. Scary when you add them all up isn't it. :(

Yes, most gone off Moston Lane. The Thatched house, The Ben Brierley ,The Bricklayers, I think The mowers went a few years back and not sure if the old looms now gone. Right at the top of Moston Lane when you get to Rochdale Road, The golden tavern and Top Derby have now gone(although not 100% sure the tops gone) and further up The farmyard went years ago. Not to forget the Dean Brook, The Lightbowne and the kestrel on the other side of Moston. Scary when you add them all up isn't it. :(
My dad drank in all of those pubs. And the Gardeners Arms. I lived just around the corner from the Thatched House. I remember buying crisps from the "outdoor" bit at the side of the building.

9/10. Probably would have been 5 or 6 without the multiple choice to remind me though.

Never heard of The Smiths.

The Eagle in Hulme, fittingly photographed with a police car outside. Trying to think of the old landladies name but it escapes me. She used to tell me how some of the regulars would sit at the bar with knives taped to the underside of the bar where they were sat.
'Never heard of The Smiths'?
Don't let Mad Eyed Screamer hear you say that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.