Long weekend in Istanbul at end of May - Turkey on Govt Red List

At the moment anyone who flies has to complete two private tests when they come back to the UK and isolate for ten days too. Not sure what that it'll be like in a month mind.
I'd do it. Doesn't bother me. IF we get there (always got to show we're taking nothing for granted!), I'll have waited for it for a decade.

Bearing in mind Turkey goes into full lockdown in 2 days for at least a fortnight, I think its probable that it will have to be moved. Common sense says that it should be in England, for covid reasons alone, but this is Uefa so .....
Budapest has been the go to homebase and I think thats a strong possibility. Will we get tickets, probably a very limited no with the majority going to locals who will make a fortune out of them.

I'd do it. Doesn't bother me. IF we get there (always got to show we're taking nothing for granted!), I'll have waited for it for a decade.
100% mate. Only question mark for me is if they'll demand you need two vaccines and pull out that whole vaccine passport bollocks or something. That would fuck over so many people who haven't even qualified for a vaccine yet. I'd jib it if they did that, fuck em.

Bearing in mind Turkey goes into full lockdown in 2 days for at least a fortnight, I think its probable that it will have to be moved. Common sense says that it should be in England, for covid reasons alone, but this is Uefa so .....
Budapest has been the go to homebase and I think thats a strong possibility. Will we get tickets, probably a very limited no with the majority going to locals who will make a fortune out of them.
UEFA are so amateurish, petty and spiteful that rather than move a potential City Chelsea final to Wembley thereby raising the profile of the game an extra notch or two they would use it as a chance to “punish” two super league clubs by hiding it away in an inhospitable, barely accessible Eastern European city.

Turkey enters first full lockdown.

You can pretty much forget going to Istanbul, as I posted last night.

Even the full lockdown ends on the 17th of May.

Apparently UEFA are looking at alternative cities and venues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.