Long weekend in Istanbul at end of May - Turkey on Govt Red List

Turkey enters first full lockdown.

You can pretty much forget going to Istanbul, as I posted last night.

Even the full lockdown ends on the 17th of May.

Apparently UEFA are looking at alternative cities and venues.

Well, if City do qualify for the final, UEFA will move it to 25th May ( 2 days after our Everton game ) and play it in Melbourne.

Bearing in mind Turkey goes into full lockdown in 2 days for at least a fortnight, I think its probable that it will have to be moved. Common sense says that it should be in England, for covid reasons alone, but this is Uefa so .....
Budapest has been the go to homebase and I think thats a strong possibility. Will we get tickets, probably a very limited no with the majority going to locals who will make a fortune out of them.
The Canadian Grand Prix has just been cancelled and replaced with the Turkish GP on 13th June. Very strange given the Turkish Covid situation...

I've never understood fixing where the final will be played at the start of the season. Determine it after the finalists are known and prioritise the clubs getting most of the tickets........?!!!

Since when do UEFA the FA prioritise fans getting most of the tickets. As long as they get their free loaders/sponsors tickets they are more than happy.

They won’t move it, but let’s hope the FA get in touch with Uefa again to offer Wembley with a promise of 25k fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.