Losing weight thread

i lost nearly 2stone last year. Due to eating warmed up bbq ribs in microwave of work for a week .

You want to steer clear of all these special k twice a day and turkey soup in the evening kind of diet you'll get bored really quick and end up eating more. Just take it slowly and think of it as a long term health choice rather than quick fix,getting active and cutting out junk food and high fat meals will do wonders.You can eat chilli con carne and all other good gear just swap the beef for turkey mince and the white rice for brown or roasted sweet potatoes.

I`ll probably go with 3 x chicken and broccoli and 3 shakes plus one or two other suppliments and maybe something nice for tea to relieve the boredom, oh and plenty of training.

May do this, gets a bit complicated though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYHAR8Xzsyo[/youtube]

blue mash up said:
You want to steer clear of all these special k twice a day and turkey soup in the evening kind of diet you'll get bored really quick and end up eating more. Just take it slowly and think of it as a long term health choice rather than quick fix,getting active and cutting out junk food and high fat meals will do wonders.You can eat chilli con carne and all other good gear just swap the beef for turkey mince and the white rice for brown or roasted sweet potatoes.
I can handle the special k in the morning and lunch bit as i'm not a big eater in the day anyway. Its night time with me. I will have my tea, then finish the mrs' tea, plus earlier I may have finished the kids' tea too! The soup was just something unexpected off my Ma, I was planning on salmon, greens and baby spuds. Tonight is a pork casserole, tomorrow will be the salmon. Going to mix up the teas loads so that boredom doesn't kick in.

Eat 500 cals less a day. Walk for 20 mins everday at a brisk pace. Eat plenty of apples but stay away from dried fruit. Cut out saturated fat. You'll drop at least 2lb a week. That'll be the best part of 2 stone in 12 weeks. Drink plenty of water and DON'T starve yourself.

dell74 said:
Eat 500 cals less a day. Walk for 20 mins everday at a brisk pace. Eat plenty of apples but stay away from dried fruit. Cut out saturated fat. You'll drop at least 2lb a week. That'll be the best part of 2 stone in 12 weeks. Drink plenty of water and DON'T starve yourself.
No chance of starving myself mate. Thing is i'm not into keeping tabs of calories, as it will become a chore. I just thought these 2 bowls of special k will allow me to have a decent sized meal at night, as long as its not take away, chips and crap like that. We generally eat well at night anyway, so thats not going to be a problem. The problem will be keeping off booze in the week, like tonight. I can't remember a City match where i've not enjoyed a bottle of wine or a few beers, so its that which will do my proper fucking head in.

bluewigmcfc said:
i lost nearly 2stone last year. Due to eating warmed up bbq ribs in microwave of work for a week .

I know where you're coming from... caught that noro-virus last year, felt like death but looked fantastic with all the weight I'd lost!

Pigeonho said:
dell74 said:
No chance of starving myself mate. Thing is i'm not into keeping tabs of calories, as it will become a chore. I just thought these 2 bowls of special k will allow me to have a decent sized meal at night, as long as its not take away, chips and crap like that. We generally eat well at night anyway, so thats not going to be a problem. The problem will be keeping off booze in the week, like tonight. I can't remember a City match where i've not enjoyed a bottle of wine or a few beers, so its that which will do my proper fucking head in.
I feel your pain with regard to the vino. Next Monday might be the best time introduce that part into your regime what with the Leicester game on Sunday mate.

I've started off pretty well, i'm going to start slow then work gradually upwards. I snack a fair bit but last few days, i've stopped myself and got a pint of water or been wanting to eat fruit instead!

I also watched this programme called 'Fat Families' that inspires and motivates you to keep fit and stay healthy ;)

Pigeonho said:
Who's going about losing some timber after a wreckless Christmas? I am, going down the Special K for breakfast, dinner and a proper meal at night, with no alcohol in the week route. Throw in a half hour walk with the dog each day and i'm hoping to shed a couple of stone by July.

get that walk up to half an hour run and will make a huge difference

You will also find sticking to the same food will become very boring.

try making some vegetable soup you can eat shed loads of it with hardly any calories and it can taste good

My partner works in weight loss so any advice just ask!

Good luck!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.