Losing weight thread

I am currently doing some work with these guys, knowledgeable lads, read through the nutrition side of things. It is not that difficult to stick to. The most important thing to pick up from all of it is that it is what you eat 90% of the time that determines what you are going to look like.

Getting on the wagon and giving up the deliciousness I ate over Christmas and New Year is the toughest thing for me.

Have started workouts again in the evenings (they go much quicker when I get the missus to do them with me, let her fucking suffer as well ;) and generally eating better. Still have to have a couple of bits of choccy and a brew after tea though, not ready to give up all the good stuff :)

Stillsy said:
Iv just started today.

I can lose about 2 stone in 2 months. Did it last year, i just need too cut the shit out and train more, i would like too put a stone back on in muscle tho

a stone in muscle lol you will be like micah richards how long did u last at five a side was it 5 minutes before you had a cardiac arest?.fair play though stick to your guns m8.

another one here who started today!

After getting rid of all the shit food over crimbo, it all starts again.

I used to do alot of running and squats, but i've changed now, i've started doing some skipping in december last year, it's one of the best ways to burn fat and it tones the lower body muscles to.

aswell as my freestyle i started doing this and it works, i usually do 2-3 minutes warm up, stretching, walking on the spot.

then skip (2 feet off the floor on jump) for about 3 minutes, take a breather for 30 seconds, then repeat, i normally do that for 20 minutes, i do that routine 3 times a day.

i started off doing it once, then as you go on it get's easier and you get used to it, i burn roughly 8-10 calories a minute, and 8 minutes skipping is the equvalant of running a 10 minute mile.

I use a speed rope, if you don't speed skip get a normal jump rope to start off.

Freestyler said:

I used to do alot of running and squats, but i've changed now, i've started doing some skipping in december last year, it's one of the best ways to burn fat and it tones the lower body muscles to.

aswell as my freestyle i started doing this and it works, i usually do 2-3 minutes warm up, stretching, walking on the spot.

then skip (2 feet off the floor on jump) for about 3 minutes, take a breather for 30 seconds, then repeat, i normally do that for 20 minutes, i do that routine 3 times a day.

i started off doing it once, then as you go on it get's easier and you get used to it, i burn roughly 8-10 calories a minute, and 8 minutes skipping is the equvalant of running a 10 minute mile.

I use a speed rope, if you don't speed skip get a normal jump rope to start off.
The day I go into a shop and ask for a skipping rope is the day I die.

;-)

Does sound like a good way of doing it. My next door-but-one neighbour does it in the garden. She's fit as fuck, runs 3 miles a day and then does 20 mins skipping in her garden. I was in the shower last summer and heard her skipping, so I did the honourable thing and stuck my head out of the window to have a good old gawp. She caught me as soon as my head was out of the window. I dreaded seeing her the next time.

2 stone in 2 months? Your going to be losing water and muscle. If your losing more then 1-2lbs a week you need to look at your diet.

Pigeonho said:
Freestyler said:

The day I go into a shop and ask for a skipping rope is the day I die.

;-)

Does sound like a good way of doing it. My next door-but-one neighbour does it in the garden. She's fit as fuck, runs 3 miles a day and then does 20 mins skipping in her garden. I was in the shower last summer and heard her skipping, so I did the honourable thing and stuck my head out of the window to have a good old gawp. She caught me as soon as my head was out of the window. I dreaded seeing her the next time.

You could be skipping partners!

Some good advice here. I would agree with those who say the best way to start the day is with porridge but there's nothing wrong with alternating it with a healthy cooked breakfast, i.e. a couple of rashers of grilled back bacon, with a poached egg and a couple of slices of lightly-buttered wholemeal toast. Some of these refined cereals (i.e. Special K and Sustain) are marketed as healthy options but are cram-ful of sugar and are best avoided.

These fad diets that cut out entire food groups are dangerous, so just lessen the saturates and the carbs and up your intake of lean protein and fruit/veg. The home-made soup suggestion from another poster is excellent; just make sure it doesn't contain too many potatoes. There are loads of recipes on t'internet for easy soups (carrot and coriander, butternut squash, leek and vegetable etc etc) and you can make a massive batch, and freeze half of it for another time. And they're dirt cheap to make, so you might save yourself some dosh as well.

And then there's alcohol. The hardest of the lot to cut down on IMO, but so, so crucial if you want to keep off the kilos...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.