Losing weight thread

kinkysleftfoot said:
pee dubya said:
Yeah, last year i got into reasonable shape quite quickly but i think i went too fast, got some problems with my hips/shins, build it up slower this time. New trainers should help, they have more support.

Just need to wait for these hiccups to stop...

your feet have natural support......I haven't run in trainers for years now .......trainer companies are making fortunes out of something they say we need!
Yeah you're the barefoot guy. You must be brave, where i go running my feet would come back full of syringes and broken glass ;-)

Anyway, i have an uneven gait, twisted hip, perhaps given enough time i'd naturally adjust, but i still think i'd have problems.

pee dubya said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
your feet have natural support......I haven't run in trainers for years now .......trainer companies are making fortunes out of something they say we need!
Yeah you're the barefoot guy. You must be brave, where i go running my feet would come back full of syringes and broken glass ;-)

Anyway, i have an uneven gait, twisted hip, perhaps given enough time i'd naturally adjust, but i still think i'd have problems.

the funny thing is when running barefoot these problems go away......in cushioned shoes you dont 'feel' the run......when running barefoot or minimal you feel it straight away when running form is off so problems don't arise

kinkysleftfoot said:
pee dubya said:

the funny thing is when running barefoot these problems go away......in cushioned shoes you dont 'feel' the run......when running barefoot or minimal you feel it straight away when running form is off so problems don't arise
Yeah, it's too much of a leap of faith really, to go barefoot. Although i do actually try not to run on the heels (easier going up than down), i try and be a bit more bouncy, land on the front, use your natural shock absorption.

pee dubya said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
Yeah, it's too much of a leap of faith really, to go barefoot. Although i do actually try not to run on the heels (easier going up than down), i try and be a bit more bouncy, land on the front, use your natural shock absorption.

thats the way....and land with your feet under your hips you will take more steps but they are lighter and you wont stress the knees or hips........you will find trainers with the big heels dont allow the foot to land properly

Cant do the running part find it too hard on my ankles. So I stay mainly on the bike and my god the wind in your face at times cuts through you like a knife. I dont mind it but it is always hard when you first start out. Got into it asap this year out on the bike since Sunday so I am working up the kilometers on it. Taking it easy at the moment 20 minutes in the morning and the same in the afternoon.

I went on a 20 mile bike ride earlier. I now feel like I've been bummed by Didier Drogba.

Not that I wish to brag or owt but I lost 2 stone in two months. All you have to do...
Ditch the car and cycle to work every day and cut out snacks. Jackpot! I'm now fit as a fiddle too! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.