Lot's of Blue at the Abu Dhabi GP circuit.

casualdeyna said:
I seem to debate the colour of the Yas Marina circuit every year with my girlfriend, she is adament it is City blue because of the connections with City, but I'm not convinced and think it is a more blue-green than sky blue. But it is true that the new tracks try and incorporate colours and patterns around the track so there are immediately identifyable and distinctive from all other tracks like turn 10 in India, can't find a decent image of it but it is red and white striped patterns all the way around the corner.

So maybe the choice of blue over any other colour isn't a coincidence.

Mansour, through Mubadala, owns part of Ferrari which is why Bobby and Gael are in their pit, apparently Brundel takes Bobby round the track tomorrow so he better take it easy! Aabar also own part of Torro Rosso, so we're ruining F1 as well as football.

Ah, but Sheikh Mansour got no stake in Mubadala...

Yes, I noticed that also, blue and white was everywhere, on the track run off areas, on the roof of buildings etc.
Mancini was there also in the Ferrari garage/pit.....................funnny how they mentioned some old fart of a Beatle but not Mancini, they hate us......!!

casualdeyna said:
I seem to debate the colour of the Yas Marina circuit every year with my girlfriend, she is adament it is City blue because of the connections with City, but I'm not convinced and think it is a more blue-green than sky blue. But it is true that the new tracks try and incorporate colours and patterns around the track so there are immediately identifyable and distinctive from all other tracks like turn 10 in India, can't find a decent image of it but it is red and white striped patterns all the way around the corner.

The blue is almost certainly because of us, particularly given Khaldoon's influence. I have seen some very detailed renders of the circuit from circa mid 2008 and the blue just wasn't there.

Nice to see the sheikh's fam handing out the trophies

If there was one circuit i could go to, abu dhabi would be it. Stunning. An insight into what the etihad campus will look like in a few years?!

mansour's tow ropes said:

If there was one circuit i could go to, abu dhabi would be it. Stunning. An insight into what the etihad campus will look like in a few years?!

Lets hope so! Very nice circuit, I wouldn't mind watching from one of those boats in the marina

mansour's tow ropes said:

Somewhere for Mario to race his Vespa's

Mancini absolutely cool as fuck as always.

You don't appreciate how big that Ferrari World is until you see it from the air. It must be several kilometres across.

226460_10150315221661040_785706039_9860836_218759_n.jpg

Project said:
casualdeyna said:

The blue is almost certainly because of us, particularly given Khaldoon's influence. I have seen some very detailed renders of the circuit from circa mid 2008 and the blue just wasn't there.

Indeed. This is from 2009 ahead of the 1st race there...

[bigimg]http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01510/yas-marina_1510244c.jpg[/bigimg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/6440827/Abu-Dhabis-Yas-Marina-circuit-under-spotlight-ahead-of-final-F1-grand-prix-of-2009.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... -2009.html</a>

There's no "coincidence".

halfcenturyup said:
indiana_citygull said:
just been watching and saw the sky blue too.
Great stuff.

Shame they didn't redesign the track with a looping 6 - 1 shape - they could do it if they really wanted too ;-)

Hahaaa .... would put their 39 year banner to shame wouldn't it?

Manchester City, rubbing salt into wounds since 2011 :)

When did that happen?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.