Loudest noise at a City match

Saw an old mate on Saturday who I’d not seen in a while. We were talking about Istanbul and we both thought the roar inside the ground when Godri scored was the loudest noise we had ever heard at a football match. However when you watch it back on tv it doesn’t sound anything as loud as it did inside the stadium. I know Hughes said the Aguero goal v qpr was the loudest noise he’d ever heard in football, but I thought Istanbul. So many iconic moments but wondering which others thought was the loudest
As much as it breaks my heart to do I must agree with Leslie. That day there was such a rare concoction of circumstances and pressure after a whole season of tension with being eight points off the pace losing at Arsenal, united dropping points at Wigan us beating them at home... us getting 3 points at Newcastle as we had to win every game.... tand that's the pressure before the QPR game.
That game itself was unbelievable YCNMIU. Going ahead. Then falling behind against ten men... then came the 90th minute and stoppage time.... need I say more?
Suffice to say I was there that day but sadly not at Istanbul so I can't be totally unbiased by Sergios day carries the loudest noise for me all day every day.

Considering i only get over to 5/6 games a year from ireland i would put Sanes stirke vs liverpool January 2019? Ahead of rodris vs inter

I can’t remember exactly when the match was but I remember a match against Birmingham City in the 90s at Maine Road that was mega loud.

Sergio had to have been the loudest. Felt like everyone was just screaming at the top of their lungs in elation rather than the usual YES or GET IN.
You say that and I agree but. We were in the second tier in the east stand down by the 18 yard line.... and I am absolutely certain that as Aguero went through and hit his shot the whole stadium seemed to hold its breath and went silent, and from where we were I am totally convinced you could hear the sound of the ball crashing into the nylon net... sent me off my rocker... never before nor since have I witnessed such celebration and jubilation and noise.... like a champagne Cork popping.

Istanbul is difficult to describe. Was it loud, was it quiet? I'm not really sure. I know I was there. I remember seeing the goal. But it felt like I was watching it in an out of body experience. Almost truly like 'We're Not Really Here'. But I was. The full time whistle too. It was like living a dream. Never experienced anything like that before. Doubt I will again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.