Love City, hate football

As soon as some footy turns up - theyve just had the new Chief Exec on with Dirty Dan Roan - I reach for the mute. I don't won't to hear anything from the likes of the BBC on anything to do with football. And that goes for any other broadcaster - visual or aural!

And the kick off times are another reason. My ERO gave up his ST in the Gwladys because of the late Sunday and Monday kick offs.

The general fuckin' about with the LotG, the poor level of refereeing, and the manipulation of results via VAR are another set of issues where I think football is declining as a spectator sport.

Football in general is turning to shit.
KO times altered to suit tv and fucking amazon.
Almost every day/night of the week.
Complete lack of thought for away fans
Sitting down (still)
Nonsense reporting
'Morality'
V a fucking r
Internet fans
Animosity

Felt like this for a couple of seasons but the beauty of Citys football kept me coming back. The last straw for me is var. Went to spurs game at start of season and not been back since.

Can we suggest what the club can do to re-engage with its long-standing fans rather than bemoan the fact that they don't give a fcuk about us? Sadly, a lot of the things the op is moaning about have nothing to do with the club. ie. Moving fixtures, VAR, Liverpool's hacking etc. I genuinely feel the club has taken its eye off the ball with regards to its core support. In my opinion all we need is reasonable ticket pricing, an easier way to buy tickets, an end to the Platinum "buy your way to loyalty" scheme and decent beer. The club should be thankful that its hardcore fanbase stood by it when it would have been easy to walk away like many clubs' fans did when their teams went shite. Instead the Platinum scheme was imposed and ever increasing ticket prices.

Defeated by Liverpool and their dirty tricks dept isn't fun. What do you do? Give up, or come back stronger.

Defeated by Liverpool and their dirty tricks dept isn't fun. What do you do? Give up, or come back stronger.

true but I don't think that's all of it, I don't expect the club to give up but for us fans its I guess over 2k for my lad and me to attend the amount we do. To spend that amount of money I want to enjoy my matchday , lots of noise surround by City fans, not sitting in a stadium surrounded by away fans or tourist spending what seems like hours for VAR to make up its mind. Us fans cant come back stronger more likely more out of pocket and for what watching a game that seems bent ? perhaps its just my frame of mind at the moment !

I truly hope that after our last game this season I get my hunger back to be as a match going fan at the moment I would say there is a 70% this is my last season.

Can’t disagree with much of anything youve all said.

Its not the game it was and is now totally designed for the armchair fan ANYWHERE in the world.

Took my 14 year old nephew to stand next to the away fans v everton and tho it was a crap atmosphere he thought it great.

I thought “poor kid, he’ll never know what its like in a packed swaying terrace”

I lost a trainer once at bramall lane because it was that packed and mental when we scored

Love City
Hate referees, VAR, PiGMOL, The FA, UEFA and the corruption which surrounds them.

Love City
Hate referees, VAR, PiGMOL, The FA, UEFA and the corruption which surrounds them.
Which makes it sweet when we win, and bitter when we lose.

I expect City fans to hate handing the title over. That's a good reaction but demoralisation? Seems a bit of cream turned iron stomachs to mush.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.