Lowest league attendance at Maine Road

I remember you saying a few years back that you were investigating our historical crowds and you had potential evidence that they were higher than stated. I really can't wait for these results. Good work mucker.
It’s a bit of a mission of mine. As a historian it infuriates me that so much of football history has been told in a way to promote individual clubs whether factually correct or not. Each era has a club that sets the media tone it seems and that runs across everything.

What’s our lowest league attendance at COMS/Etihad?
In terms of games not affected by COVID, it's November 2006 when 35,776 people turned up to watch us beat Fulham 3-1. City scored 30% of our home goals for the entire season and Bernardo Corradi scored 66.6% of his entire tally for City in the first half (and then came up with that bizarre knighting celebration, which he did twice because he couldn't think of anything else to do with the corner flag). Attendance not helped by Fulham only bringing enough fans to fit in one minibus (as was customary for them in the 2000s).

It’s a bit of a mission of mine. As a historian it infuriates me that so much of football history has been told in a way to promote individual clubs whether factually correct or not. Each era has a club that sets the media tone it seems and that runs across everything.
Yes, only Arsenal, SCUM and the Grief monkeys have history. The rest of us have to scratch around for the occasional mention.

You‘re right. I was in Platt Lane. In my mind it was Summerbee who picked the ball up and shook it, but it’s definitely that game/day.
I was at that match. I was at Manchester Uni back then and they were not allowed to run classes on a Wednesday afternoon because of the sports clubs.

I recall an anouncement being made for all to look under their seat in case a bomb had been planted. I was in the North Stand and everyone stood up, lifted their seat, and stared at the ground before sitting down once more. After nothing was found, the match continued.

In terms of games not affected by COVID, it's November 2006 when 35,776 people turned up to watch us beat Fulham 3-1. City scored 30% of our home goals for the entire season and Bernardo Corradi scored 66.6% of his entire tally for City in the first half (and then came up with that bizarre knighting celebration, which he did twice because he couldn't think of anything else to do with the corner flag). Attendance not helped by Fulham only bringing enough fans to fit in one minibus (as was customary for them in the 2000s).

for Cup games, i'm sure we've had <20k at COMS/Etihad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.