Lowest point in supporting City since the 2008 takeover

I agree with all of this.

And if I’m honest (think I’ve mentioned this before) post covid I don’t have the same passion for watching footy anymore. I used to look forward to the next home game, be on all the cup schemes etc, it was the highlight of my week.

But now going to the footy, while I love it, is just another one of my hobbies. And I’ve sacked off all the cup schemes.

Today for example I nearly binned off to go hiking. If it wasn’t for us not having a game for nearly two months after this and next week I would’ve just sacked it off.

A couple of years ago that’d be unthinkable.

Ah well. People change.

Considering moving out of the south stand next season into a more chilled area.

I’ll get pelters now probably, lol.

Most of that applies to me too, it's not me that changed it's football that has changed and just like society right now it changes too quickly.

Hiking however is always the same ;)

The one that sticks in my mind is losing one nil at home to the rags in the last minute, scholes header - horrible horrible moment

The fact we didn't lay a glove on a poor Madrid side in the 2015 semi was very disappointing but imploding last year left me sick too my stomach for days.

Plenty of other low moments on the field involving CL. Anyone remember Crouchy reeling away after scoring the winner at our gaff ?

Yes, lucky. I still feel privileged to see City at Wembley. The last couple of times I've been (Watford and Villa), I qualified for a ticket through conventional means. Back then, I didn't. And someone on here helped me out big time. Yes; with hindsight it wasn't my luckiest day, no. But it was "character building" for sure. I still get cold sweats the occasional time I hear the name "Ben Watson", along with "Jamie Mackie".

Surely the absolute lowest point has to be the moments right before Silvas corner found Dzekos head to make it 2-2 against QPR???
Nah. Dzeko's goal actually upset me even more than being 1-2 down. I was fucking furious and depressed that we'd gotten so close only to miss out. I remember plotting several ways to assassinate Lescott. All's well that ends well though and my memories of that day are all happy now.

The fact we didn't lay a glove on a poor Madrid side in the 2015 semi was very disappointing but imploding last year left me sick too my stomach for days.

Plenty of other low moments on the field involving CL. Anyone remember Crouchy reeling away after scoring the winner at our gaff ?
I hated that one. We couldn’t make it due to my dad working I think. My brother and I watched it on tele and I fucking hated Redknapp so was seething at that result.

Merlin getting injured fucked us against Madrid, we had no answer to Modric and Kroos once he went off.

Thanks for reminding me of that Crouch goal, you ****. Going to have to go watch his own goal from the next season on repeat now to cheer myself up.

Rooney and the overhead shinned kick, gutted, but it was their final moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.